PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this is going to be quick!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

newlcer
Mon, Sep-13-04, 21:00
Hi Everyone! I'm brand new! I have 50 lbs to lose and started Atkins one wekk (and 5 lbs) ago...I like the quick results, which is why I started Atkins, but can someone tell me if it stays like this? Do I keep losing quickly, or will it (and my efforts) die a slow death? I am very into Instant gratification where weight loss is concerned! Thanks to anyone who has a story of (quick) success for inspiration!

penelope
Mon, Sep-13-04, 21:08
OK, first get a journal and it will be easier to help you along the way.
Since you are into instant gratification, you must be under thirty.
You will lose quickly compared to other diet, if you do not get side tract into Frankenfood.
Stay clean and beware of Plateau. This is where the journal comes in handy for the recording of every bite of food in your mouth.
You will be able to see how far you deviate from your original intake of the first weeks.
Good luck to you
Pene

black57
Mon, Sep-13-04, 21:23
Truly this is not a quick fix way of eating. As you, no doubt, read in Dr Atkins book, this is a way of eating. It is also a way of learning., You will learn that you will lose inches even if it seems like you are not losing weight. Also this is a healthy way of eating so don't neglect your fats, proteins and veggies. Don't make a "diet" out of the process by using shakes and bars to replace meals.