PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TryAgain
Thu, Sep-20-01, 16:27
I'm on day 4 of Induction. Getting a nasty headache. 2nd one in 4 days. Anyone have any comments on headaches with LC?

Bez
Thu, Sep-20-01, 16:48
:wave: Hi and Welcome,

Just logged on, couldn't sleep.

Apparently this is quite common something to do with rebalancing or if you have accidently eaten something you shouldn't have which might have triggered it and sometimes it can last a while.

No expert though just basic understanding at the moment but I did have a terrible headache last week when I ate a tiny weeny piece of B'day cake at work and that lasted most of the day.

I hope this helps, only basic knowledge at the monent I'm sure when one of the others logs on they'll be able to explain things in more detail

Also, if you go through some of the other postings and have a read you might find out more.

Hope this helps for the time being though.

Bez

:wiggle: :wiggle:

Sharon
Thu, Sep-20-01, 16:57
Try again, sorry you're getting headaches...not much fun.

I did a search (you can do this too with the little globe at the top right handside of the page) for other posts about headaches.
My search produced 113 links, so it's certainly something that's been discussed.

I included a couple link swhich hopefully will help you.

Don't be afraid to take something to help you feel better. I know I tend to try and be a real trooper and not do this, but I'm not sure that's the smart thing to do!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16704

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5393

Tarah
Thu, Sep-20-01, 17:03
Hey, ummm..when I was last on this WOL I had a few headaches...you may need to increase your carb intake..but have a good carb like a bit of an apple or fruit...and what ever you do drink alot of water!

Buh bye, and I wish you success!
:wave:

Holly
Thu, Sep-20-01, 17:29
I was getting headaches and feeling poorly and I figured it was the carb DT's, withdrawl symptoms and someone on another board suggested potassium and magnesium and I took these and the symptoms went away almost immediately. I think that drinking copious amounts of water that you arent used to can cause this as much as following the LC way.

It is worth a try

Holly

Raven
Thu, Sep-20-01, 18:32
I had headaches during induction too, and from what I read it was most likely due to carbohydrate withdrawal. As your body rids itself of all those carbs and glycogen stores from your liver, it's going to rebel a little bit. Headaches, nausea, irritability, fatitue, insomnia and other such symptoms can result. Once all of those carbs are out of your system and you get deeper into ketosis, all of these things should resolve themselves and you'll start feeling absolutely wonderful.

Just stick it out a bit longer and things will get better!