PDA

View Full Version : introducing plum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

plum
Thu, Sep-20-01, 03:11
hello, everyone - just introducing myself.
I found this site yesterday - interesting reading- thanks to everyone.
looking forward to calling in and reading lots, its so nice to read of everyones challenges and successes.

sharone
Thu, Sep-20-01, 05:01
Hi Plum

I too am new, I only registered yesterday. It's really good to read all these inspiring stories and share in people's success.

You are doing so well. Keep it up.

Best wishes

Sharone

marymcg
Thu, Sep-20-01, 06:40
Hi

I'm a newbie too. I'm really looking forward to visiting often for a dose of motivation.

I have one question - what colour are the LTS meant to be before you start the diet. Mine were already lavender, is that normal?

Karen
Thu, Sep-20-01, 08:45
Welcome to lowcarb.ca plum!

Be sure to click around all the features that this forum has to offer. It is a great site!

Karen

Bez
Thu, Sep-20-01, 10:08
:wave: Hi Plum,

Just to day hello - I think you'll find everyone's eager to make you feel at ease and offer encouragement when needed.

Don't be afraid to join in, I've been browsing for 4 days now and the feedback is always positive and encouraging.

Happy browsing,

Bez

:wiggle: :wiggle:

Sharon
Thu, Sep-20-01, 11:54
Hi Plum and all the other newbies that I haven't sent a personal post to the last few days. Welcome, and good luck with your lowcarbing way of life.

Lara
Thu, Sep-20-01, 14:24
Hi Plum. This is certainly a wonderful site. So much info and support. Stop by often and you'll be surprised how motivated everyone here will make you feel. Good luck and enjoy your new wol.
Cheers,
Lara

lesleyc
Thu, Sep-20-01, 14:40
Hi Plum.

This is certainly the right place to be to succeed. It gives you all sorts of reassurance that what you do is right. WIthout it I felt at a bit of a loss.

This WOE is so different to what most of us are used to, it's good to get the affirmation from the experts.

Look forward to hearing of your progress

Lesley :wave:

Raven
Thu, Sep-20-01, 18:41
Hello there Plum and Mary!

Glad you found this forum. It's the best place I know of for advice, tips, problem-solving and just plain ole' motivation and support. Your both on your way to a wonderful new way of life, and I congratulate you on making that first step.

A few quick tips...remember to drink plenty of water (until you float), and take supplements..multivitamin, and extra magnesium/calcium and potassium to replace the losses you're going to get during your first very diuretic week of induction. If you get headachy or tired or irritable during the first week, don't worry, it's just your body withdrawing from the carbs and it will pass. When it does you'll start feeling absolutely wonderful.

You also might want to post a journal under the bootcamp/journal section. Post what you're eating, how much you're drinking, what supplements your taking, and any problems or concerns you may have. There are a lot of experienced lo-carbers in this forum who would be more than happy to take a look and offer any suggestions or spot potential trouble spots.

About the LTS sticks, I assume you're speaking of the Ketostix? There's an article in the "Low Carb Tips" section at the tool bar at the top of the page that will answer a lot of questions you may have about them. I have no idea why you're registering pink already when you haven't started yet. Unless you've been exercising a lot, or on a low-fat diet, or low-calorie diet, or a bit of all of the above and/or dehydrated.

So good luck to you both and don't hesitate to post if you have any questions at all. We're all in this together and we'll all do just fine, I'm willing to bet!

http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/kao/otn/pconfettileft.gif http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/kao/otn/pconfettileft.gif

debbiedobson
Thu, Sep-20-01, 19:45
welcome aboard plum and mary!:wave: we're happy to welcome you newbies from across the pond! :D

plum
Fri, Sep-21-01, 03:08
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.
I tried 'Atkins' once before, 2 years ago, and stopped because I was on my own and had about 3 - 4 weeks of not losing ( after about 1 1/2 stone loss ) now thanks to all this reading of everyones experiences I am most reassured .
Just cant believe the amount of information available these days.
wishing you all the best. plum.

Raven
Fri, Sep-21-01, 04:00
Can't blame you there, Plum. I would have done the same thing if I didn't have all of the information on this forum, and have found out that that kind of thing is normal. Doing such a life changing thing is so much easier when you've got support, and we've got it here in abundance. :D :D