PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...QUICK!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CoreyD
Tue, Sep-07-04, 09:37
Hi everyone... :)
This is the first time I have ever joined a forum...of any kind, and I really need some help!
I have been doing Atkins off and on since 2002, and have lost about 20lb that I have kept off, but am unable to drop below 150 and stay there...
Every time I do Atkins I get the following side effects:
1. Diziness
2. Tiredness
3. Nausea (and Vomiting follows sometimes)

Oddly enough, I don't get:
1. Bad Breath (at least I don't think I do...)
2. Constipation

'Try another diet you idiot' I hear you say...

The trouble is that this is the only diet that has EVER worked for me, and one that I can see immediate results with (eventhough I can't keep them or stick to it for more than a couple of weeks at a time)...I need help! I have one month to lose some serious weight before a friend comes to visit...and I really want to look my best...

PLEASE HELP ME STICK WITH IT...AND BEAT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF KETOSIS!!!

mischa
Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:54
Hi and welcome to the forum

try out www.fitday.com and check your intake..perhaps list it and it will be easier to give you suggestions:) Sometimes a little tweak will do the trick.

Good luck

:wave:

tofi
Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:42
I'd say you are probably trying to go too low in carbs for your body and your activity level. ONLY the first 2 weeks are 20 grams. After that you should increase.

YOu might need supplements of potassium ( use No Salt products) on your food. Or calcium & magnesium in one tablet.

Be sure to eat enough calories.

And don't hang your happiness on an arbitrary number on the scale. LCers tend to be heavier than low fat losers and that's OK.

Mindy1967
Wed, Sep-08-04, 06:39
Can you tell us a typical day of eating and exercise? That might help, I am sure there are alot of people here whom can help take a closer look at what might be going on. The other thing is if you keep switching from this woe to regular eating you may have huge problems....just by what I have read from the Atkins book. I wish you luck on your goal.
Mindy