PDA

View Full Version : struggle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ytsett
Mon, Sep-06-04, 17:58
I am tring the low carb lifestyle again. This is my 6 attempt at this. I am very determined this time around. I have purged my kitchen. Can someone please tell me what to do to stay on track this time. I'm extreamly miserable with this weight on me. I don't want to go out anymore. Everytime someone looks at me I think that there're thinking "man look how big she has gotten". Please help me get through induction.
strugglin,
ytsett

Built
Mon, Sep-06-04, 18:01
Others will no doubt chime in, so I'll start: keep your fats HIGH. Plug in your food to www.fitday.com for the first couple of weeks to make SURE your fats comprise at LEAST 65% of your total calories, and to make SURE your carbs stay under 20g net. If you're hungry, you'll have cravings, so if you feel like eating, have a meal - make it fatty with enough protein, and you'll be fine. It'll KILL cravings.

Water, water water.

Bump!

Lesle
Mon, Sep-06-04, 20:37
HI and welcome.
I can relate to your struggles, believe me! I have fallen off track a few times along the way too, but I always eventually get back on track, because I KNOW this way of eating works for me, like nothing else ever did.
What I would suggest is to begin the induction during a 2-week period when you don't have anything planned like a birthdy party or company picnic or a movie night out. Then, clear out the kitchen of anything NOT on the induction list of foods, and then try to just hunker down and do a good induction. The cravings for sugars really do ease up a lot after the fisrt 2 weeks.
You are worth the effort and all the hard work! Good luck with it :-)
Lesle