PDA

View Full Version : 5 days in....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marksgirl
Mon, Sep-06-04, 06:34
Hi. I just started the induction phase 5 days ago and am doing fine (i think).
I weigh 178.6lbs so it's a 2.4lb loss but I have a few concerns maybe some of you long termers can help me with. I bought the atkins journal that explains what to do and what to eat, then you write in your carbs and total them up. It's a pretty cool idea so you can really see where your carbs are. The thing I don't understand is that it says you can have 3 cups of lettuce ith a prepared salad dressing with 2 or less carbs, or 2 cups of lettuce and 1 cup acceptabe veggies. So I found a kraft dressing with 0 carbs and it's good but when I eat my salad I feel like it's going to slow down the weight loss. It's only .06 carbs per cup of lettece but it says only to eat 3 cups per day.
My father in law lost 48 lbs in 2 1/2 months but he only ate meat and had less than 5/10 carbs a day. I could do that if it makes a difference but I like to eat the salads :yum: Also I started onlu drinking water. That's something I always wanted to do anyway but never committed to.
So basically I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for induction that may not be the most food choices but will help me lose the famous 5lbs a week you hear about from atkins sucess stories. Oh, and I also work out at least 45 mins. a night although I just want to go to sleep most of the time :lol:
My goal is 125 by December which may sound unreasonable but if I stay on the induction and work out could be done. I'm so tired of the new years day resoultion that I'm going to lose weight so it's got to be december, plus it's only 15 weeks!!!
Thanks for any help. :wave:

mischa
Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:58
So basically I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for induction that may not be the most food choices but will help me lose the famous 5lbs a week you hear about from atkins sucess stories

Hm 5 pounds a week is not a healthy weight loss..not after 2 weeks anyway. Rather aim for 1 or 2 pounds a week..they are fat pounds then and not muscles loss:)

Keep up eating your lettuce..they will not make you slow down in weight loss:)

I wish you great success

:wave:

4beans4me
Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:13
Hello and welcome! :wave:

kindergrrl
Fri, Sep-10-04, 13:01
Welcome! Salads are good to eat because they are healthy anyhow. Your weight loss will slow down, pretty much no matter what. It's healthy and just something that you get used to. Just keep yourself motivated. Working out really helps (something I should do more of lol). I commend you on doing exercise and trying to drink more water as wel as eating right. Good luck on your loss!

bewat21
Fri, Sep-10-04, 19:01
Welcome and good luck on your journey.

marksgirl
Fri, Oct-15-04, 15:04
Thank you for all the replys. We'll it's been 5 weeks and I've lost 23 lbs so it's working. I found the key for me is working out. I just make myself do it an hour here and hour there and to tell you the truth it really helps my energy level go up. I don't know how long this weight loss will continue but I have to say I'm loving every second of it. Although I am a little hungry from time to time but I just go out for a walk with the kids and drink a giant glass of water. Then by the time I sit down to some chicken, a few bites will do it and I'm full. What happened to my sweet tooth, I may never know but so long for now cookies!!!!! :wave:

eric909
Fri, Oct-15-04, 18:48
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif