PDA

View Full Version : Taming the Beast

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

taming
Sun, Sep-05-04, 14:24
That's how I see it: taming the beast. It took me 48 years to accept my body and find a loving man who would accept it too. Now, four years later, I find that although I feel loved and accepted, my blood sugar, cholesterol, and adrenal hormones are not fans of the way I eat and live.

I'm doing Atkins because I finally felt so crappy that I went to my doctor. He said I was killing myself with my fork. He is an Atkins fan, so here I am. I actually tried Atkins decades ago when his first book came out. I didn;t try it long enough to know whether it was working or not.

My doc is going to be using my blood sugar and other clinical markers to judge my success rather than my weight loss, but I went out and bought a scale today anyway. I haven't tried to control/change my eating for almost 15 years. Back then, I had a huge fear of both failing and succeeding.

I know I will need the support of other folks who are in the same boat, so I was delighted to find this forum.

mstix
Sun, Sep-05-04, 14:39
excellent!
It's refreashing to hear you say "your doctor recommened..." you just don't hear it enough unfortunately.
I'm new here too! you'll feel better in no time. *I did*

mstix
Sun, Sep-05-04, 14:40
...and still do. hehe *feel better*

Lobstergal
Sun, Sep-05-04, 15:00
I know I will need the support of other folks who are in the same boat, so I was delighted to find this forum.

I am very delighted that you are here. I look forward to reading your posts.

You are very lucky to have found someone who has accepted you for who you are. At 42 years of age I am still searching for my 'Knight in shining armour'. :)

angeljandy
Sun, Sep-05-04, 15:49
I understand your fear of failing and succeeding. My biggest fear is being fat, however, I keep the weight on to shield myself from my insecurities. Be brave and forge onward, you can do this!

bluesfan88
Sun, Sep-05-04, 20:35
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

The one thing i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you to start feeling better .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck

Talon
Sun, Sep-05-04, 20:40
I found my knight too. :) My doctor dind't sugest this WOE, but I convinced her that it was a good thing, she went on it too. :)

Welcome to the forum!

taming
Sun, Sep-05-04, 22:38
Wow, it feels just wonderful to be made so welcome. Thank you so much. I started a Journal, and I am betting you will all be telling me to be quiet already.I I really can go on.

And on.

Lobstergal
Mon, Sep-06-04, 10:44
I am betting you will all be telling me to be quiet already.I I really can go on.
And on.

If they haven't told *me* to shut up by now I am pretty positive that you are relatively safe. I can ramble on and on and on myself. LOL.