PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angeljandy
Sun, Sep-05-04, 12:19
Hi I'm new to this site. I was on the Atkins program several years ago and I lost 50 lbs and I felt and looked good, but I found it hard to stick to. I went through some rather trying times and found myself returning to my old way of eating and unfortunately gained all of the weight I lost plus some extra. I've made the decision to try low carb again, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to stick with it again.
The one difference this time is I'm very active in yoga, last time I refused to exercise, so I'm hoping this will help.
Any advice to help squelch my fears.

kindergrrl
Sun, Sep-05-04, 12:23
Welcome to the site! I know just how easy it is to go back to your old habits, as this is my second time around on Atkins too. But i think that it just leaves you feeling even more motivated because you know that if you follow it correctly, you WILL lose the weight.

Coming to this site daily, and making friends should help to keep you on track. (that's my plan anyhow hehe). Also you'll see that many people around this site have recommended www.fitday.com. I just joined myself and you won't regret it. It tracks everything you eat and is a great motivator. Super easy to do as well. Check it out and I hope it helps. Good luck!

BarryC
Sun, Sep-05-04, 12:32
welcome! and good luck! we are all here to help, just ask!

angeljandy
Sun, Sep-05-04, 12:36
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will try the website you suggested. Thank you so very much!

bluesfan88
Sun, Sep-05-04, 13:41
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great. the excersising will help big time. my advice is to drink water, until you think you are about to pop, use fit day , and enjoy the ride

i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.I really think a journal would help you .

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you to start feeling better .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck