PDA

View Full Version : breakfast cereal - nutty

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DebbieQ
Sat, Sep-04-04, 06:46
Hi all

Just to let you know, here's a new recipe for breakfast ceral
125 grams whole linseed
125 grams soy bran
125 grams wheat bran
125 grams almond flour
75 grams sunflower seeds

Mix togehter, heat in microwave with some water, add some cream and pecans for a good nutty breakfast.

as I just can't stand to cook in the morning

I've put five tablespoons of the dry mix with some water in the microwave, and found it filling. No clue yet how many mornings this will last, but I suspect a while.

Cheers
DebbieQ
carb count still pending

tortoise
Sat, Sep-04-04, 09:45
I've never heard of soy bran. What is it and where do you get it?

DebbieQ
Sun, Sep-05-04, 04:03
I got it in my local holland and barrets, a bit more expensive htan wheat bran, but also lower carb.

I'd also like to add this stuff does a good job on your intestines ;-)

Cheers
DebbieQ

tortoise
Sun, Sep-05-04, 13:17
Thanks - I haven't seen it around here, but I'll look harder - it sounds like potentially useful stuff!

cmcole
Tue, Sep-14-04, 06:18
Do you grind the linseed (flax seed) and sunflower seeds. If you don't grind the first, it will just expell itself through your system, and you won't get the full advantage of the healthy oils it contains (I found this out after eating mine whole in my breakfast mixture for months).

An alternate mixture, that I often have:

2 Tbsp (30 - 40 g) flax seed (linseed), ground
1 Scoop (40 g) Iso-Pro Protein Powder (or your choice)

Add hot water to make a somewhat runny mixture.
Microwave for 1 minute

I add a little cream (1 ounce?) and a few fresh blueberries to mine after it comes from the microwave.

Makes it like hot oatmeal/cereal in the morning.

I have, at times, added a Tablespoon of almond flour or something else, and usually also add cinnamon, but those alterations are certainly left the the individual taste.

Keeps you regular, for sure.