PDA

View Full Version : Health Issues

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Margaret
Wed, Sep-19-01, 04:22
:wave:
Hi I'm just a bit concerned that anyone with high blood preesure and high cholestral would be wise to embark on a diet which is high in fat, egg, red meat etc - this goes against all we have heard about healthy eating - comments would be appreciated. I believe if you are young and have no health problems - it may be OK but what about someone older who already has these problems?

Natrushka
Wed, Sep-19-01, 06:35
Margaret, I was going to point you in the direction of another thread on these issues, but I see you've already posted there ( http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16833 ). I will therefore assume you've read the posts and the advice given (especially the quotes from Protein Power by Doreen).

My mother is 61 years old, has been on blood pressure lowering medication for years and has been battling rheumatoid arthritis for about a year now. This WOL helped her lose 55 lbs in less than a year, get her blood sugar under control and reduce her BP medication. She is finding now that it is helping her get off the prednesone she has been taking for the arthritis.

While this diet is not for everyone, it does work for the old as well as the young.

I hope your husband is doing better

Nat