PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be a low-carber

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

samandskip
Thu, Sep-02-04, 16:21
Hello everyone! I joined the low-carb way of life back in January of this year. I ballooned up to a hefty 370 lbs. I work in a steelmill as a bricklayer and work was becoming difficult. Other people had to do my work because I couldn't fit, couldn't bend, couldn't climb, etc. A couple of guys at work lost over 50 lbs. in a matter of months and encouraged me to try the WOL. My wife who is also struggling with her weight, asked to go on a diet with her, but I refused. Finally, after hearing a talk radio show, whose topic was low carb diets and all the people who lost weight, I wised up and began the diet.
This diet has been a god-send. Just since January, I have lost 110 lbs. I want to get down to my high-school weight of 220. It will be no problem with low-carb! :wave:

Akasha
Thu, Sep-02-04, 17:54
110 pounds is EXCELLENT! Great job, and welcome to the forum. :) Feel free to check out the Countdowns, Buddies, and Challenges board, where you can buddy up and participate in some fun challenges.

Also, you might want to start a journal, a great way to track your progress. Once again, welcome!

Hopeful214
Thu, Sep-02-04, 17:58
Congradulations your success!!!!!!!!! I am sure your wife is so proud of you !! :-) This is a great way of life and there is great support on this form!!!!! So is your wife doing Low carb with you also ???? Have a great weekend!! Hopeful

4beans4me
Fri, Sep-03-04, 08:17
Hello and welcome!! :wave: