PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RebeccaNYC
Wed, Sep-19-01, 00:17
:wave: Hey, this is my first time posting. I started the Induction period on 9/19/01, so far I have been doing beautifully and went walking for an hr both days. The night before day1, I didn't have a lot of sleep, so I was dragging myself while I was walking..but today, I was fully rested and had so much energy while I walked. I have followed so many diets in the past and I am really looking forward to my sucess on this diet. This is the first time in almost 9 months that I am not relying on the aid of a fat burner to help me lose weight. I haven't taken any in 4 days :) By the way, my name is Rebecca and I look forward to communicating with everyone on the forum, inorder to support each other...good bye for now and I wish you all much sucess and happiness always :)

Raven
Wed, Sep-19-01, 03:07
Hey there Rebecca!

I'm so glad you've started on a wonderful new WOL and this forum is a great place for advice, problem-solving and support. I just started on August 24th and I've found a new addiction to replace my carbs - these boards.

Things are only going to get better. Once you get over those first few days of induction, those cravings are going to disappear, you're going to find yourself without hunger, and feeling great! Just be sure you drink a LOT of water, especially at first...because your body is most likely losing a lot of it right now. If you get any muscle fatigue or cramps (I did). Add some calcium/magnesium and potassium to your supplements. Don't worry if you get a headache or feel irritable at first. That passes. It's just the carbs working their way out of your system.

Here's to happy lo-carbing!! I know you're going to do great!

http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/kao/otn/pconfettileft.gif

Natrushka
Wed, Sep-19-01, 06:43
Originally posted by RebeccaNYC
This is the first time in almost 9 months that I am not relying on the aid of a fat burner to help me lose weight.

You're turning your body into a fat burner ;)

Welcome to the forum, Rebecca :) You've found a great place for information, support and all kinds of advice. Why not start up a Journal (under the "My Journal/Bootcamp" section of the forum) and tell us what you've been eating and drinking? It's a great way to stay focussed and motivated!

Cheers,
Nat

debbiedobson
Wed, Sep-19-01, 13:03
welcome aboard rebecca!:wave: good luck on your lowcarb journey! we're all on this journey together!