PDA

View Full Version : New Member...... Again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SvnFire7
Tue, Aug-31-04, 23:25
Well, here we go again. My name is Chris, and this is my second time doing the Adkins diet. The last time, I was on it for about 3-4 months (about 2 years ago), and dropped about 20-30 lbs in that time. Guess I got a little tired of eating the same thing. I don't think I ever tried to introduce my carbs back in slowly, and before you know it, I was about 10 lbs heavier than when I started. Well, now is a different day, and it seems nowadays it's a little easier to start this program. A lot easier than when I first did it. The only question I have, I am still a part of the induction stage, keep to under 20 grams carbs a day, and have lost about 10 lbs in about 1.5 weeks. I'm seeing that low carb candy, the box says .2 net grams per serving. Hypothetically speaking, could I eat nothing but this candy, stay under 20 grams and still lose weight? This is definately not what I'm doing, but I'm just curious as to how much of this I can really eat. Some candy says 0 net carbs. I do eat my salads, drink my water, and eat mostly tuna, grilled chicken and some steak. Just curious. Wow, sorry about that, my fingers just started typing and I couldn't stop. Well, anyways, good luck to you all and talk to yall soon...

loosenit
Wed, Sep-01-04, 00:22
Hi SvnFire7 :wave:

When watching carbs, Quality it just important as quantity.

Pre-package foods should be avoided altegether on induction, and should only be eaten occasionally during on-going weight loss. These foods can also trigger sugar cravings again.
They are OK for convenience, but not a good idea to include them into your daily menu.

Everyone is different, but a lot of people stall on those bars etc.......... a lot has to do with the sugar alcohols not being included in the Net Carb count, amoung other things.

Like any plan you follow, if you choose to limit your intake to only a few choices, you are missing out on vital nutrients from other food groups......... and it can lead to dietry bordom, leeding to falling off plan.

It`s a good thing that this is NOT what you are doing.... but with all the low cab products avaliable, it does make you wonder ;)

Good luck with your second time around....... keep checking in for ideas and support, it is what keeps ME on plan. Maybe start a journal?...... I was keeping mine on another site, but started one here as well. It all helps. :agree:

SvnFire7
Wed, Sep-01-04, 09:11
Your exactly right. The first week, I was very religious about sticking to the plan, and lost 9 pounds. This week, I introduced some of the candies and things like that. I never gained weight back, but I did stall. Not what I wanted to see. I'm going to have to put those out of sight, and get back to the nuts and bolts again. Well good luck to you and tks for responding............... Chris

muweek
Wed, Sep-01-04, 09:32
Good luck to you! You know what to do..just keep it up! :thup: