PDA

View Full Version : I Am A Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bevmar
Mon, Aug-30-04, 18:55
HI ALL..I AM A NEWBIE HERE AND HAVE READ LOTS AND LOTS OF LOW-CARB DIETS...I LIKE ATKINS ..IT IS GREAT..I DO MISS MY POTATOES AND RICE..AND MILK...LITTLE THINGS...I AM IN MY SECOND WEEK OF INDUCTION ...I HAVE LOST 11 LBS... :agree: GREAT..... :help: BUT..DOES ANYONE EXPERIENCE VERTIGO OR SEVERE DIZZINESS WHILE FOLLOWING THIS ATKINS DIET??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

IT IS GREAT TO MEET EVERYONE AND HOPE TO BECOME GOOD FORUM FRIENDS....CYA..BEVMAR :wave:

Lesle
Tue, Aug-31-04, 04:12
Hi and welcome!
I know, when I was on Induction I would sometimes feel a little light-headed. Just be sure sure to keep your carbs around 20, and not try to go under that. Research has proven we won't lose faster if we go under 20.
Hope you feel better soon!
Lesle

AFwife
Tue, Aug-31-04, 04:47
Welcome aboard.

You'll feel icky the first few days but it'll go away, hang in there. :)

Hopeful214
Tue, Aug-31-04, 05:47
Welcome Bevmar....... It s great to have you apart of the forum .... I have been on Low carb just starting a week .. I have read alot about Low Carb and many people have many differnt side affects the first to weeks from giving up sugar ... Stay determined this all will pass!!! Make sure your drinking lots of water !!!
I look forward to seeing your success!!!! :agree: Hopeful

toofattoo
Tue, Aug-31-04, 07:46
Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum, and yes I still get light headed occasionally. But it only lasts a second. Good luck. Peg

Grinchy
Tue, Aug-31-04, 10:02
all of us newbies have to stick together. I'll make you a deal: No cheats for you, no cheats for me! :nono: OK?

jagbender
Tue, Aug-31-04, 10:21
Congrats on your 11 pounds!
Have you tried Hood Carb countdown LC milk products.
Mock potatoes = boiled Califlower, butter, cream, salt and pepper

Jeff

Cara73
Tue, Aug-31-04, 22:41
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)

bevmar
Wed, Sep-01-04, 04:36
HI EVERYONE...THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES AND I HATE TO INFORM EVERYONE BUT....I HAVE SWITCHED TO THE WEIGHT WATCHERS DIET..THE POINT SYSTEM.. I HAVE MENIERES DISEASE OF THE INNER EAR WITH ATTACKS OF VERTIGO(REAL BAD) AT TIMES..SO MY DR SUGGESTED THIS ONE ,,INSTEAD OF ATKINS..MY CHOLESTEROL IS HIGH TOO SO SHE FEELS THIS ATKINS DIET WILL MAKE IT HIGHER..I DID READ IN THE ATKINS DIET BOOK THAT IT CAN..SO I DONT WANT TO CHANCE IT..

IS ANYONE ON THE FORUM ON WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS SYSTEM?? :agree: I HOPE SO.I HAVE HEARD THAT IT IS A GOOD ONE....

AGAIN,,THANKS ALL...THIS FORUM IS CERTAINLY A GREAT PLACE..CYA...BEVMAR.. :wave:

black57
Wed, Sep-01-04, 07:34
Nah, Atkins lowers cholesterol of most who do this way of eating. It has also helped people with asthma and high blood pressure. You would be surprised at the number of doctors who are in the dark about the facts of low carbing. which is really too bad. I wish you would give this diet a little more time and see how it would work for you. It may even help your menieres disease. Where the book mentions that cholesterol can rise in some dieters but in general it comes down soon after the rise.

My cholesterol total is 148!
HDL=77
LDL=59
triglycerides=59

Feel free to show these stats to your doctor. I have been doing the Atkins way of eating for 1 year and 9 months. My last bloodwork results were done at the end of December 2003.

bevmar
Thu, Sep-02-04, 11:28
[b]thank You Black 57...i Am On The Weight Watchers Diet Now And I Find I Am Not As Hungry As On The Atkins...i Am Glad U Are Doing So Well...again Thanks..and Good Luck..bevmar