PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MissScruff
Sun, Aug-29-04, 01:02
Gosh. Where to begin! I came to this forum because my weight loss stopped a few years ago and I actually began to gain. I am almost afraid to admit it, but I lost 135 pounds on Meridia. I know. Meds wasn't the way to go, but my doctor talked me into in because I was 273 pounds. So, when I went off the meds after taking them for a year my weight stayed level for about 6 months and then began to creep back up. I hit 243 pounds in about 4 months and then stopped. It took me until 6 months ago to get back down to 200 pounds and then I was stuck! No matter what I did I couldn't lose weight! I went on the Atkins for Life 7 days ago and have 7 days left on Induction! I hope being part of this forum will help me to get the rest of my weight off without meds. I have been free of Meridia for four years.

Dylan
Sun, Aug-29-04, 01:23
Welcome-
You'll find so much info and support here to lose weight again and keep it off with this WOL.
Congratulations on your loss so far, How did you lose the 43 lbs?

MissScruff
Sun, Aug-29-04, 02:05
Actually, I am at 77 pounds lost- total. The last 43 pounds took forever and was lost because of increase in exercise and trying to cut back on foods I thought would help me to lose weight. The last 17 of the 43 pounds I have lost was due to inhuman conditions at my last job! I was a teacher and the last place I taught didn't turn the air on until we had students and so I spent 2 weeks setting up my classroom in extreme heat! Once we had students the air was on for only a few hours a day and it didn't help all that much. That was about a year ago and I was so stressed at that job that I ate foods I knew I shouldn't. Luckily, I didn't gain any more weight, but I didn't lose either. When I realized my teaching career was over, I decided to finally do something about my weight and so chose Atkins! I am only half-way through Induction, but what a difference in how I feel! I hope to continue, but need to talk with others who are going through what I am or who went through it and have kept their weight off and are living a healthy life. I am trying to find more interesting and flavorful ways to eat what I am allowed on this stage. I have cheated once and it was for a thin slice of honey ham. I still feel so guilty! I jsut spent the evening pre-preparing some meat and cheese so that all I have to do is take it from the freezer and stick in the microwave (not the cheese). I shredded that and put it in packets. I think the key to my staying on this is convenience and my unemployment check doesn't cover that, so I am trying to be creative in prepping foods in advance. I really didn't do anything specific for the last 43 pounds. What is your story?