PDA

View Full Version : brand spankin' new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zfullmoon
Sat, Aug-28-04, 16:50
Hi Everyone,

I came about low carb in a different way. First I read, "Diet for your blood type" which suggested type O blood folks (me) should eat low carb.

Then, I got pregnant in 2001, and got gestational diabetes. Don't feel sorry for me, it was an amazing "wake up" call. With pregnancy, the diabetes is controlled through diet alone, no insulin if it can be helped. I tested blood sugar after each meal, and upon wake up in the morning. It was certainly eye opening to see certain foods causing the blood sugar to soar. My OB told me to expect weight loss, that is usually what happened. Imagine, a third trimester pregnant person losing weight. As long as the baby measured bigger, the doctors weren't worried.

So now, two babies later, low carb is my strategy for getting lean. I'm now smaller than I was before the babies. Not at my goal, but I can see it in my sights. Low carb is the only thing that works for me.

I'll never go back to the way things were. This from a woman who loves to bake and cook. I once had a catering business for cheesecakes, and other baked goods. So now it's my goal to figure out how to make baked low carb goodies. Cheesecake is a good example of something that can be made low carb easily.

Gourmet recipes for low carb breads, sweets, pies, brownies are what I am looking for! Thanks!!

Kristine
Sat, Aug-28-04, 17:19
Hi and welcome!

We have quite a few recipes in the Sweet Treats forum. Check the Bread and Baked Goods forum, too, for more ideas. :thup:

Good luck! :wave:

4beans4me
Sat, Aug-28-04, 18:28
Hello and welcome!! :wave: