PDA

View Full Version : any tips for a learner?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dietnomore
Fri, Aug-27-04, 04:13
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANY HELP REGARDING MENU PLANS AND PAINLESS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS WOULD BE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED BY THIS FIRST TIME LOW CARB DIETER THANKS HEAPS :help: :help:

Petrina31
Fri, Aug-27-04, 05:59
Check out the recipe board. And the general lo-carb support forum.

Best of luck to you!

Iwilldoit
Fri, Aug-27-04, 07:09
Welcome dietnomore :wave:

Yes indeed, do take time to go through the recipe section. There is just a fantastic array of all kinds of dishes, both simple and some more complex and elegant. You're bound to find several appealing things and I'm sure like a lot of us, you will find some that become real favorites! :D

Again, welcome, and best success with your low-carbing foray :)

nets33
Fri, Aug-27-04, 09:46
Welcome!

I agree with the great suggestions above.... and reading through some LC books can also provide you some good recipes.

Good luck,
Kiks

tom sawyer
Fri, Aug-27-04, 12:28
I eat a lot of taco salads, no chips of course! Just about everything else is allowable on those, it is quick and easy to prepare too. Don't forget the black olives and sour cream.

I ate a lot of boiled chicken at first too, pick off the meat and make a soup of the stock and meat and add celery and onions for my veggies. I think some carrots would be allowable too, although I didn't use them myself.

Chef salads are also tasty.

Just be sure you don't skimp on the fats, it is hard to break out of the old diet mindset but if you don't eat enough fat in your low carb diet, you are going to be hungry and that is a killer. You will still go through some cravings, but if you aren't hungry then it is easier to make it through.

As for cravings, I found I had two needs: sweets, and crunchy stuff. The sugar-free chocolate and ice cream is wonderful as long as you don't over-indulge and wind up full of gas or staying close to a restroom. The crunchy stuff was tougher, I ate a boatload of fried pork rinds and french onion dip but I got sick of those after awhile.