PDA

View Full Version : My first day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NicoleH
Wed, Aug-25-04, 23:00
Hi everyone. This is my first time ever in a chat room/bulletin/forum and am actually feeling a bit nervous about it. My friend Valerie has highly recommended this forum so here I am.
I just started Atkins 4 days ago and am feeling headachey and crappy to be honest, but understand this is normal. Deciding to do something serious about my weight after having my first baby 10 months ago. I've struggled all my life with my weight, but now it seems to be affecting how I interact with my son and that is no good. I want to be able to run around the park with him and not have to groan everytime I get up off the floor.
I'm looking forward to the support and information I will find here. Thanks.
Nicole

grammiedee
Thu, Aug-26-04, 00:02
Nicole,

Welcome, I've only been here a week but know you will find all the support you need right here. :agree: I had never been in a chat room until tonight, different experience. Only met 1 forum member but she was really nice.
Sorry you feel so crappy but it WILL :thup: go away soon. Best advice is to make sure to drink all of your water and hang in there. :thup:
Look around and drop into journals see how others are doing and ask questions.
Glad to have you here drop in my journal anytime and say HI!. :wave: :wave:

peglowe
Thu, Aug-26-04, 01:00
Nicole,welcome and sorry your feeling badly. It won't last much longer and then you'll be full of energy.
Congrats to you for taking control of your life. Not only will you be able to run and play with your son but you will have many more years to do it.
Come here often for support and advise.

Built
Thu, Aug-26-04, 01:06
Nicole,
You should start feeling MUCH better within the next few days. And be proud of yourself for doing this - you'll never regret it.

Good luck with your goals!

- Built

debmeg
Thu, Aug-26-04, 04:02
Nicole,

Any friend of Val's is a friend of mine! :)

Best of luck with this WOL (way of life). Don't worry about the feeling crappy; your body is going through sugar withdrawal and you'll be feeling a lot better soon. There are a lot of people on this forum with an amazing amount of combined wisdom, empathy and compassion who are more than happy to help you find your feet...

Best of luck, and welcome!

Deborah

clavicula
Thu, Aug-26-04, 04:08
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage12/17.gif
Congratulations on your baby! And hope you will enjoy this WOL!
:wave:

ValerieL
Thu, Aug-26-04, 07:00
Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to see you here! This really is a great site, very supportive people! You'll get lots of info. And everyone is right, you should be feeling better very soon!

Val

4beans4me
Thu, Aug-26-04, 07:32
Hello and welcome Nicole! :wave:

NicoleH
Thu, Aug-26-04, 10:38
Wow!

I was so excited to see how many people had already responded to me. Thank you so much for the support and warm welcomes, it really does make me feel better and not so alone in taking on this huge challenge.

Another wicked headache last night but I'll keep drinking water and popping Tylenol.

Atkins induction says I can eat a couple Bran-A-Crisp crackers. Does anyone know where I can get these? I live in Vancouver, BC.

Thanks for any info and all the support again.

Nicole

Built
Thu, Aug-26-04, 10:53
Hello, fellow Vancouverite!

I have NO IDEA, but there are a few low-carb stores around. One on Arbutus and I think 10th, on the east side of Arbutus. They may sell them.

My personal opinion: stick to real food - if you need crunch, try celery stuffed with creamcheese and a couple of macadamias or walnuts stuck into the creamcheese.

The headache might be caffeine withdrawal. IMHO, caffeine is fine. I gave it up for 6 weeks, then returned to it because I decided it was too great a loss of pleasure in my life. Didn't make a lick of difference.

Good luck with your goals!

nikotyme
Thu, Aug-26-04, 11:09
Wavin to the other Nicole on the other coast, I'm in NB, welcome aboard!!

As the others have stated the crappy feeling will soon be gone, you're almost over the worst part.

Think about starting a journal so we can pop in there and see how you're doing, also you might want to check out fitday.com, it's a great way to journal the food you eat in a day and it figures out all the carbs for you in the process, and its FREE to use.

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.

New Brinswick Nicole aka Nik

Cara73
Thu, Aug-26-04, 13:16
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!!

Best of luck to you. :)

ValerieL
Thu, Aug-26-04, 13:57
Bran-a-crisp, I've never heard of them either. Are you still getting headaches? Hmm, I'm surprised after 5 days. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Val

Petrina31
Thu, Aug-26-04, 14:03
Hang in there girl....

You're almost through the worst part. After you get through it, you'll be amazed at how much better you feel. Don't believe me? Check out the first couple of pages of my journal. I came *thisclose* to quitting. And I'm so glad I didn't- you can do this!

nikkil
Fri, Aug-27-04, 06:47
Hi, to yet another Nicole from another Nicole :D :D

Welcome to the forum!!! I don't know what I'd do without this place!!!

Oh, yeah - if you're interested, there's a 'Canada' area of the forum and fellow LCers give specific info for your city (ie - you could ask there about your crisps) and some of us get together for dinner about every 2 months, if you're interested. The next date is always listed in the Canada area....

Take care,
Nicole :wave:

grammiedee
Fri, Aug-27-04, 20:01
Hang in there girl you can and will do it.

NicoleH
Sun, Aug-29-04, 12:17
Thanks to all who responded to me with all your support and wisdom. I finally started a journal so feel free to come on by and say "Hi". I would give you the thread thingy but I am not that technologically inclined yet.

Hope to see you there!

Nicole :wave: