PDA

View Full Version : hello from england

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chisa
Tue, Aug-24-04, 18:36
hi to everyone out there! im chisa from england and i need to lose weight.
i have tried atkins before but i just couldn't stick it at the time.
i do a lot of cycling and i live in a very hilly area which means that i have a severe power to weight ratio problem, esp. when the gradient goes to 10% (1 in 10).
i am hoping to get down to 11 stones from 13.8 - can't remember what this is in pounds but i have that on my profile.

how long should i be looking at to acheive this and any hints about snacks (i do have a store nearby which does atkins but v. expensive) as i do get hungry at night and when cycling.

also any help on tasty recipies (but not too difficult - remember i'm a bloke) and any general advice is welcome.

p.s. i am doing atkins.

cheers in advance

chisa :help: :yum: :help: ;)

4beans4me
Wed, Aug-25-04, 07:50
Hello and welcome!! :wave:

Cara73
Wed, Aug-25-04, 12:20
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support here can't be beat!!!! You might want to try the recipe/kitchen part of this site. They have a lot of great and easy recipes!!!

Best of luck to you. :)