PDA

View Full Version : lost 1 pound (total), one size, one month, bummed

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TennisGal3
Mon, Aug-23-04, 07:21
I have read thru the atkins book. I have come to the conclusion I am metabolic resistance. I lost 7 pounds, gained back 4 during induction, so a total of 3 pounds during induction. I have lost one pound total for the month. I dont even want to get on the scale. I do fit into some of my old pants. I have been exercising and I have been in ketosis. I cheated one day this month, it only took a day to get back into ketosis. I have been eating that low carb ice cream and splenda drinks and some diet root beers. I do eat cheese. I am thinking this might be affecting my results. Does anyone have any advice. I tried the meat fast for 3 days, I didnt check the scale-it kept me in ketosis. I think I might have that yeast intolerance. I am going to stick with this another month. I might cut back on calories. ANY SUGGESTIONS?? :help:

black57
Mon, Aug-23-04, 07:33
I strongly suggest doing one thing at a time so that you can figure out what is holding you back. Metobolic resistance is probably the culprit. However, exercise can keep you from losing weight, scalewise. If your clothes are fitting better then you are losing way more than what it looks. The only thing I would do, first, is reduce or cut out the goodies such as the ice cream and the drinks. Keep up the exercise. You are probably doing much better than what you think. Stay away from the scale for a couple of weeks if you can stand it. Make sure that your carbs are no lower than 20 grams. Just a little advice from me. Others will reply with more stuff to consider.

Wickedways
Mon, Aug-23-04, 07:47
Well, I lost more than that first month but NO sizes and still have not lost a size yet ;) Be happy, your doing well!

I read somewhere how the fat cells like to grab at water to keep them 'plumped' up and mysteriously lets go of the water in almost a gush aka the whoosh fairy, one day soon you may get a good visit.

Other than that, you don't seem to have much to lose, so check your calories, you can't eat and expect to lose as much as bigger people with more to lose. Forgo the ice-cream and asparatame. If that doesn't work cut down on the cheese too.

I truly sympathise with you, I am metabolically resistant too. Try L-carnitine,L-tryrosine, iodine etc, perhaps you thyroid is lacking in something.

Deshukel
Mon, Aug-23-04, 12:11
I suggest you use a tape measure and check upper arm, bust, waist and thighs. Check it every two weeks and see if you are shrinking!

SLMDezi
Sun, Aug-29-04, 13:56
Hello and welcome...and I to agree with buying a tape measure...you should notice a big difference in the way your clothes feel weekly...best of luck to you...there's plenty of info and support on the forum...all you have to do is ask around...stop by some of the journals and introduce yourself...remember we're all here for the same reason....take care :wave:

Maven26
Wed, Sep-01-04, 17:27
I feel your pain... I don't seem to be losing very fast either. It's been over a month and I haven't lost more than 11lbs.

Do what they tell you here, everyone knows their stuff and are great helps!