PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vydor
Sun, Aug-22-04, 19:49
Hi, my name is Vydor and I am a carb-aholic. Is that how I am supposed to start? :D

In late March I was almost 200 pounds. It really hit home when I saw a picture of myself. I was disgusted with how I looked. I was not obese by any stretch, but I was fat. Complete with gut hanging over belt. Considering I was a cross country runner in High School, and have taken years of marital arts training, this was a bit of a shock. Perils of getting older I guess. :(

So I began a very strict low-calorie, low-fat, low-taste diet. It is now August and I am 168! So it worked, but man at what cost? My doc tells me I am anemic (and very badly, almost 0 iron in my blood), I am constantly hungry, and I feel like crap. My BP is all out of whack, and I am very low on energy.

What really scared me was I would almost pass out form merely standing up! That could be extremely bad if I was holding my baby son when that happened! Also last year the doc told me my BP was way to high and I need medication for it, I am way too young for that! Then last month came the colonoscopy, EGD, small bowel series, and etc. My health was decaying rapidly and until very recently I never once considered my diet, after all I was eating low-fat/etc, should have been healthier, right?

Well eventually I came to my senses and started eating more quantity, but then got worried that all the weight I lost (almost 30 pounds) would come back with interest. My brother-n-law has had great success with Atkins so I began researching it.

Now I am trying Atkins as a life long way of eating, hopefully to maintain my newly-re-found 30 inch waist while rebuilding my nutritional stores. I am on day two. Yesterday I had 51 carbs, today I seem to have a problem I did not plan for… I have only eaten 32 carbs, ah well with time my menus will get more stable I think. As I mentioned elsewhere I am starting with 50 carbs per day, and seeing how that goes.

That’s my story, and I am sticking to it! :D

rosey1
Sun, Aug-22-04, 20:47
hi there and welcome to the forum. you found a great place!! good luck on your journey!

Sat, Jan-22-05, 22:49
Weight loss does not come from limiting only 1 of the 3 energy nutrients, it happens by eating less than your burn. Your body needs a sufficient amount of carbs, fat, and proteins. Have you considered (or are you) running? A lifestyle without exercise is not healthy. Try running 30min/day.

The more you run, the more you can eat. "If the furnace is hot enough, anything will burn."

toopoles
Sun, Jan-23-05, 00:41
Hi,

interesting intro. Welcome to the boards. This is a great place to come for support. There are lots of great resources here. Marty

MissScruff
Sun, Jan-23-05, 11:08
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif