PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RMH
Sun, Aug-22-04, 18:28
Hi, I have been yo-yo dieting all my life. I am now 52 years old and am almost 70 pounds overweight. A few months back I tried Dr. A.'s diet and even though I followed it to a T I only lost 4 pounds over a month's period. Today, I picked up the book again out of sheer desperation and read about the Fat Fast to try and help things along. I want to try this but would like any advice or tips from others who have had to start with the Fat Fast.

Lesle
Sun, Aug-22-04, 19:46
Hi
I don't know anything about the Fat Fast, but I wanted to say hello and welcome to you! We are the same age, and my starting weight was just the same as yours.
I'm sorry Atkins didn't work well for you the first time around. Were you eating just the "real" foods on the induction list, or did you use some shakes and bars, too? LOTS of people here will say they make losing any weight almost impossible. You might want to post some sample days' menus here too, and you'll get lots of feedback....all in a very supportive way.
Good luck to you! I am sure someone will post thoughts about the Fat Fast for you . I hope you get the info that you need.
Good luck to you!
Lesle

rosey1
Sun, Aug-22-04, 20:56
welcome to the forum, sorry things didn't work well for you the first time, would you post a few menus for us and we can try and help you out? good luck on your journey

grammiedee
Mon, Aug-23-04, 23:46
HI! You're starting where I'm still trying to get but with all the help on the forum we'll both get there.
Drop by my journal anytime. Haven"t tried the fat thing but maybe we can figure something out.
I know that someone will drop in who has tried it and give you some feedback
C. U. LIGHTER LATER!
grammiedee

Hopeful214
Tue, Aug-24-04, 05:58
Welcome to the forum .... There are many low carb food plans so keep trying till you find the one that works for you ... Keep posting and you will recieve the encouragement to keep taking that step each day in the right direction .... I was encouraged to start a jouranl and I did its very up lifting . So I would like to pass along the same encouragement to you ... Set up your jouranl and posts your menues and I am sure you will get the help and encouragement you need. If you have time join the Low Carb chat room its very encourageing !!! Hugs to you !!! You can do this!! :) Hopeful

grammiedee
Sun, Aug-29-04, 11:47
RMH,

Haven't heard from you is everything O.K.?

SLMDezi
Sun, Aug-29-04, 13:51
Hello and welcome aboard, I'm not sure I know what you're referring to but I think the best thing to do is stick to about 20-25 net carbs a day...it's normal for a stall on week 3...hang in there...don't give up...you can do this...and we're all here for the same thing....good luck!!!

:wave: http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/602/50042welcomepurpfaea.gif