PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie, but not new to lo-carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

faerie64
Sun, Aug-22-04, 15:26
Hi. My name is Lori. I've been on again off again low carbing for almost 4 years. Back when I first started this (kudos to Suzanne Sommers for explaining the insulin resistance theory to everyone) it was very difficult AND EXPENSIVE! Buying meats, cheeses and fresh vegetables every other day really zapped my wallet.

I have "fallen off the wagon" a few times. Especially when I went through a phase of spending time with my husbands family..they eat nothing but white pastas, rice and breads! Arghhhh! I always thought I would starve to death those weekends at their house!

I don't really remember what my starting weight was. My current weight is under the influence of weight training, so my goal weight of 115lb will probably never be reached unless I stop lifting (which I won't do) and get a serious illness.

For some reason, eating like this works for me, while other ways do not. I assume that my insulin machine is a little faulty. I've never been huge, but have never (even during those supposed "skinny" late teen years) been able to eat like everyone else without gaining weight. Never diagnosed with diabetes, but I bet it used to be lurking there waiting for the last doughnut straw.

For those of you new to eating this way----I know it is hard! Actually, it is becoming a lot easier now than it used to be with all the new products which is such a great thing. Keep at it. Keep exercising and don't let others who are small and stuff their faces with white flour pizza crust fool you into "falling off the wagon"!!!!

Now....does anyone know what happend to the Natures Own Low Carb Double fiber bread that just came out? (blue highlighted bag, 5 gms net carbs, 4 gms fiber)I live in NC. bought it once. Never saw it again!

rosey1
Sun, Aug-22-04, 20:54
hello and welcome to the board. you have found a gret place for support and tons of info! good luck on your journey.