PDA

View Full Version : another hopeful newby saying hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

murran
Fri, Aug-20-04, 17:51
:wave: Hi everyone, my first time in a weight loss forum but I am very hopeful that I will get all the much needed support from all you lovely people.
I have been doing my version of Atkins for about 6 weeks now and so far so good. I have lost about 20lbs so far and I am really encouraged by that.I realize this is a lifestyle change and not a diet but I do find myself aching for a french fry or two.How do you all manage YOUR cravings?I will greatly appreciate all your input and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Talla
Fri, Aug-20-04, 19:57
Hi Murran, it looks like you're off to a great start. Congrats on the 20 pound loss. My cravings so far have been for sweets. I was never a pop drinker before, but now I find a diet cola really helps me when I want something sweet. I'm trying not to drink too many of them though.
Good luck!!!

LilaCotton
Fri, Aug-20-04, 23:16
Cravings are such very bizarre things, and each person is so individual. When I first started Atkins I stayed completely on path for a very long time--several months. This is one thing I'm sure helped with having odd cravings because now they're almost non-existent. I do have the occasional treat, but this isn't something I recommend because a lot of people can't handle one or two french fries--they've got to have the whole thing. With me, though, it's the darndest thing because it's more like I get really hungry for a certain food rather than craving (it may be the same to some people, but for me it's very different). If I'm hungry for french fries I eat 2-4 french fries and that's it, and that only happens about once a month or two. If I'm hungry for pizza (which is often the bread as much as the toppings) we'll make pizza using low-carb tortillas for crust, and to get the 'bready' thing once in a great while I go to Quizno's and get one of their low-carb flatbread wraps (they're the absolute best in the world!). If I want something like a pancake, I make my own recipe of low-carb crepes and use sugar-free syrup (gosh, haven't had those in months, either--I'm slipping! :lol: )

It really seems to me that the longer I eat this way (it's been almost 11 months now) the easier it is to keep eating this way without distractions, and I honestly can't even imagine going back to the way I ate before.

Shoot, I don't even crave chocolate anymore--but if I smell it I've got to have some! :p

SommarRose
Sat, Aug-21-04, 18:59
Hi!

I'm new too. So far I've found everyone friendly and helpful. A really nice place with lots of ready advice from experianced low carbers.

I'm hopeful I will see a loss in a few weeks. Sounds like you are doing good!

:cheer: