PDA

View Full Version : new to this...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kbthomas21
Fri, Aug-20-04, 13:13
hello..my name is Katie. I origianlly started online to do some research, but I found this website and your forums caught my attention. There are alot of concerns about my body and the way it's been acting. :help: I have done some research online to see what it could be..I'm not too sure about the doctor I am seeing. He diagnosed me with bacteria overgrowth...and now on antibiotics..alot of the symptoms are like this one guy I saw on here with:
nausea, vomitting, lack of energy, bloating, abdominal pain, some reflux at times(which only occur when feeling sick), muscle spasms, dizziness spells, heart flux(I had a heart monitor for 30 days to see what was causing the spells and pass out feelings), and well to top it off....I just KNOW I do not feel like myself!! It has been going on for over 5 yrs..at first it was just feeling really BAD after eating,gas, then to nasea and vomitting at times, reflux mess, weight gain and loss, (NOW GAIN), abdominal pain, feeling YUCK! I actually thought I was pregnant or something a bunch of times BUT all turned out negative.
I really need someone to help me figure this mess out. Your forums has given me some ideas to look up on the web. Thanks guys!
Email me If anyone has an idea or just a wrod of encouragement...
I would appreciate it!
guccicutie02~excite.com

moondanzr
Fri, Aug-20-04, 14:07
Hi Katie :wave:
This is a great site. Sorry to hear of all the things that are going on with your body. If your not so sure of your doc have you thought of getting a second opinion.
Wishing you the best,
Nancy

LilaCotton
Fri, Aug-20-04, 23:32
I would definitely go for a second opinion. I've had chronic fatigue symdrome for the past 5.5 years and have been miserable most of that time. Luckily not major digestive problems, but they flare up often enough. I know I've had a problem with yeast overgrowth in the past, and was keeping my fingers crossed that the last almost 11 months of Atkins had taken care of it when I had a flare-up a couple of weeks ago. Considering that, I'm starting an anti-candida diet here very shortly. The symptoms you describe could be something like that, too, and if that is the case antibiotics will do nothing but make it worse (why I think you need a second opinion). If it is indeed bacterial you're going to need to make sure you're putting as much probiotic into your body as you are antiobitic, because antibiotics not only kill off the bad bacteria, but kill off the bacteria that makes us healthy as well.

At any rate, I wish you the best success. :)

kbthomas21
Mon, Aug-23-04, 16:06
You know..I do believe I might go see for a second opinion. the doctor i saw only saw me once..and i have had a couple of appointments, and well, i needed to talk to him!
anyhoo...your replys has helped me so much!!!
thanks
KB