PDA

View Full Version : help me finish what i started

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grammiedee
Wed, Aug-18-04, 19:58
[I'M NOT NEW TO LC BUT I AM NEW TO DOING ANYTHING ON A COMPUTER SO PLEASE EXCUSE ALL THE BLUNDERS. I'M A 'DO IT AGAINER'. AM ON MY THIRD DAY OF INDUCTION AND DOING WELL HOPE TO CONTINUE WITH ATKINS AS I KNOW IT WORKS IF YOU JUST DON'T STOP AND GO BACK TO THOSE OLD WAYS. AM A GRANDMOTHER TO 4 AND TAKE CARE OF 2 OF THEM AT THE PRESENT TIME SO LIFE IS HECTIC; ANY MORAL SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED. AM HOPING BEING IN THIS FORUM WILL KEEP ME IN LINE AND AWAY FROM THE REFRIGERATOR. :yum: :help: MORE LATER grammiedee :wave: FONT=Arial]undefined[/FONT][COLOR=RoyalBlue]]

LilaCotton
Wed, Aug-18-04, 22:19
Hi! Looks to me like you're doing great so far! And personally I wouldn't worry about staying away from the refrigerator if you're hungry--just stay away from the kind of things you might have on hand for the grandkids. I have a 6-year-old so I know how they can get things into the house before you even realize it (I still can't believe I told him he could have a box of chocolate graham crackers!). My little guy doesn't get a lot in the way of sweet treats--the occasional cookie from the gas station, there are some cupcakes in the freezer he's been working on for about 6 months now, stuff like that. I've tried to improve his eating habits, which I think overall helps everyone else in the house as well as him.

Anyhow, I'm just rambling here! I wish you the very best!

musicmama
Wed, Aug-18-04, 22:51
Welcome!! I am a grandmother too, to 13!! And am restarting this way of eating (WOE is our term for that here), I have been cheat free for three weeks now, and doing well, The weight comes off slowly at this age, but it does come off. I started at the same weight as you, so we can keep each other motivated! :agree: Looks like you have been doing something right,,,you have lost quite a bit!! Hang in there, and let me warn you, the forums here can be addictive!! But so much fun! There are so many great people here, waiting to help with encouragement, recipes and whatever kind of help you need.
You can do it!! You are not alone!!!;)

Cara73
Thu, Aug-19-04, 09:46
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)

grammiedee
Thu, Aug-19-04, 19:42
Thanks LilaCotton & Musicmama for the feedback, am trying to run off a quick answer because my 2 year old granddaughter has decided she really loves the "puter". Musicmama sounds like a good idea to keep a check on each other -- my earlier loss was my attempt at Atkins a couple of years ago -- fortunately I didn't gain in all back. Lilacotton I'm in a strange position as I am living with my daughter in AL while I watch the girls; and go home to KY approx once a month. The young ones are getting restless so I'll close until next time. grammiedee

grammiedee
Thu, Aug-19-04, 19:48
Cara73 Thanks for the BEST OF LUCK wishes I figure I'm really going to need it -- started walking on the treadmill the same time I started back on LC so now the scale is saying +1/2 today -- got the blues but this forum is going too be my salvation. Gotta run. BYE BYE

musicmama
Thu, Aug-19-04, 22:46
Hey, dont let fluctuations get ya down, they are part of the norm on low carb! Just go with the flow, and the tape measure. It cant lie, while the scale tells a fib every other day!!
Hang in there!!!

grammiedee
Fri, Aug-20-04, 09:26
Yeah! I saw a 4 on the scale today and am really hyped over it!!!! Musicmama you are right I know it in my heart but just can't manage to find the courage to buy a tape measure. Saw I received 2 more replies on this forum -- THANKS--and please re-reply as I can't find where they are at -- not very computer literate -- just feeling my way around. More later. God bless and everyone have a good day. grammiedee