PDA

View Full Version : New Girl from the Peach State

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

peachygirl
Wed, Aug-18-04, 05:09
Hello, I am Melissa I am 31 yrs old, married 11 yrs with a daughter 5 (Presleigh). I am starting the induction phase of Atkins this weekend. I was on WW for a yr and a half before, I was 240 lost to 200 now back up to 214, I need to get to atleast 140 because I'm only 5'3". My Dr. recommended Atkins, so I figured I'd try it. I thought it would be hard to do the induction phase, but the more I research it the easier it seems to get. Hope to hear from some of you. :wave:

Melissa

Jiggerz
Wed, Aug-18-04, 11:27
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the site & the forum. :) I started Induction last Friday, 5 days ago... and I'm still with it. It's honestly helped me to get on the computer a few times a day and read through posts for some reaffirmation..and also to record what I'm eating on www.fitday.com (free) that alot of the members have mentioned.

Good luck to you!

~Michelle

nets33
Wed, Aug-18-04, 14:04
Welcome!

Good luck as you start induction. Lots of people here to help!

Good luck,
Kiks

SLMDezi
Wed, Aug-18-04, 14:09
Hi Melissa,
Welcome aboard, you can do this, for me Low carbing is easy, it's not a diet, it's a life style change...works out perfect for me because I love meat & salad, fish & salad...anything with salad basically LOL...stop by our challenge thread, we're all here for the same thing..we support and help each other...or if you just want to vent...
here's a link if you're interested...best of luck to you :wave:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=203106

bluesfan88
Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:42
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

The one thing i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.feel free to stop by my journal anytime .

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you to start feeling better .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck

peachygirl
Wed, Aug-18-04, 21:07
Thank you all I will definately let you know how I do. Michelle, have you lost any weight yet since induction??

Melissa

Cara73
Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:07
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)