PDA

View Full Version : day 1 in group

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chrysalis1
Tue, Aug-17-04, 15:02
i am new to this group. been struggling with binge eating.high stress period in my life right now. Teen issues, home selling issues(paying two mortgages)spiritual issues(feeling abandoned) work issues( up at 2:45a.m. for work), got completely off track with eating .gained 10 lbs in 2months clothes don't fit went from 147 to 160. need support.being hypoglycemic and recovering from adddiction, (16yr)low carb is awesome for me in every way. when i eat sugar ofr some flour products i feel drunk, literally. tried atkins,would like a more natural approach. exploring and open to feedback about other plans. right now low carb, natural fat. been bingeing in low carb snacks and candy, day4 of detoxing from that stuff . any feedback welcome.

PurpleBass
Tue, Aug-17-04, 15:15
Hello, and welcome!

You might want to have a look at the "Emotional Eating" group, there are some threads there about binge eating that may be of interest. Have a general look around - you will soon find that you are not alone. There are a lot of wonderfully supportive people here!

Best of luck!

Iowagirl
Tue, Aug-17-04, 15:19
Welcome Chrysalis! Sounds like you are having quite the time. Consider starting a journal and keep coming back here for support.

bluesfan88
Tue, Aug-17-04, 16:47
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

The one thing i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.feel free to stop by my journal anytime .

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you to stop the binging and everything else .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck

BariatricP
Tue, Aug-17-04, 17:07
Hello everyone! I love reading these posts and I'm sure I will learn a lot. My top weight was 250-260.. currently I weigh 110.. I have maintained this loss for four years.. was it hard, you bet.. how? the answer is complicated, but I can tell you it's worth it.. At this point it is my desire to help others.
And a BIG thank you for the Cortislim info and info on other suppliments. This is the first time I've heard a quote on how well it works (or doesn't in this case).
I wish each of you a wonderful, successful day!

jbhstop
Tue, Aug-17-04, 17:23
Best of luck. Reading the boards helps me motivate!

BariatricP
Tue, Aug-17-04, 17:48
Hi! I just wanted to send a word of encouragement.. today is also my first day on this site.. hang in there, girlfriend. You have complicated issues, but not unsolvable ones... we're there (here) for you! Have a wonderful, not an ordinary day.. Tootie