PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rypleigh
Tue, Aug-17-04, 13:42
undefinedundefined

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the post and would like to find someone in my area if possible. I am in Mchenry, Illinois. I am currently doing Atkins at home. Seems to be working however I am hungry all of the time. I have a very busy schedule. I am married with a husband and 3 girls to keep me busy. Our oldest is 18 and leaving for college next week, the other 2 girls are 8 and 6. I work a full time plus job and have very little time for myself.

I am looking for anyone else who is doing Atkins at home program.

AFwife
Tue, Aug-17-04, 13:48
Welcome aboard.

LilaCotton
Tue, Aug-17-04, 20:38
Hi! Many of us here are doing Atkins so you've come to the right place! If you're hungry all the time you're not doing something right. Could you post a sample day's menu? Likely as not the problem is very simple to fix, and by seeing what you eat folks here can give great advice. :)

rypleigh
Wed, Aug-18-04, 05:40
Actually I am doing the Atkins At Home Program where they send you the actual food. They give you everything you should eat for the day. 3 meals and a snack. The only thing they dont give you is drinks. I could send you a typical days meals. They are very tasty, however as I said, I am always hungry. Thanks for any help that you could provide!

Rypleigh

Firenymph
Wed, Aug-18-04, 06:00
Wow I saw that program...I'd like to know how it works for you (besides being hungry). Welcome aboard...sorry I'm not in your area :(

rypleigh
Wed, Aug-18-04, 06:26
So far (week and a half) its worked very well. Food is good tasting. However I am always hungry. I am told that the hungar will pass in a few weeks. I lost 7.5 pounds in the first week, so I am very happy. We will see what this week will bring.

bluesfan88
Wed, Aug-18-04, 16:23
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

i am just wondering ... where is Mchenry, Illinois? i live in missori so what is it near ?

The one thing i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.feel free to stop by my journal anytime .

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck

rypleigh
Wed, Aug-18-04, 16:31
thanks for the tip, i will try to do a journal with the food provided. however i am having some trouble with the customer service at atkins at home program. anyway, mchenry is apx 50 miles north of chicago, almost on the illinois wisconsin border.

LilaCotton
Wed, Aug-18-04, 18:07
However I am always hungry. I am told that the hungar will pass in a few weeks.

To my mind, this is just bogus and goes against what Dr. Atkins teaches in his books. He says if you're hungry, eat. Don't over-eat, but eat. Was your food supposed to be tailored to your weight and activity level? Everyone's different, and everyone needs different amounts of food to keep them satiated.

Cara73
Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:19
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)

corona806
Thu, Aug-19-04, 11:16
I didn't know Atkins had a in home program. Do they send the meals to you daily? Is it very expensive? You might try drinking some water to see if it curbs your hunger if not than I would add a allowed snack.Good Luck! Monica