PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

poofie
Sun, Aug-15-04, 22:53
Hi everyone...I started Atkins back in September and did really well. I lost about 20lbs..but have since gained 8. I have been on and off Atkins for the last month. I don't have the will power (I ate my will power :lol: ) and I am very discouraged and diasppointed with myself. I feel really uncomfortable in my skin and really just want to lose the 8lbs plus another 20.

I know my life wouldn't be perfect if I lost all this weight but I would feel much better about myself. As well, I think if you feel better about yourself you project positive; happy self image.

Help..how do I get started and stick to it this time.

Thanks

Jiggerz
Sun, Aug-15-04, 23:02
Hi poofie,

I can't really offer you any advice yet...as I'm new to the site and just starting Atkins myself.. but I can welcome you to the forum. I totally relate to you on the need to feel comfortable with yourself physically.

"I feel really uncomfortable in my skin"

I've had that thought a long time, to be precise... I feel like one of those contestants that puts on the Sumo Wrestler outfits... huge and rolly polly, but you just know theres a skinny person inside. But I'm trying to find the zipper to get out.

Take care and I wish you well,

~Michelle

Iowagirl
Mon, Aug-16-04, 14:23
Nothing to do but get back in the saddle, Poofie! Welcome and best of luck to you.