PDA

View Full Version : Hey peoples!...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cantorious
Sun, Aug-15-04, 12:54
Hey everyone,
This seems like such a great forum site for us low carbers, im glad to be here. I am not new to low carb dieting but i am new to this forum. I started eating low carb in may of 2003 and i can honestly say that in over a year of eating strict low carb that i did not cheat once, i dont give in easy to temptations. When i started low carb i weighed about 130 with the intentions of gaining some muscle weight, i jumped on anabolic diet by mauro di'pasquale. I maintained that weight until about december 2003 and then started to bulk up, i bulked up to about 170 lbs in the course of like 6 months. At around may of 2004 i decided to cut the fat and i gradually reduced my calories between 1800-2000 a day. It's now august and i weigh about 136-138 and i look much lower in bodyfat than i did at 130. I just read the book "Underground Body Opus" by Dan Duchaine and i decided im gonna switch from anabolic diet to the much stricter Body Opus, my goal is to go as low as 4-6% bodyfat, maintain it for a lil while then bulk back up again. If anyone is reading this who has tried Body Opus and had success can you please give me some pointers>! I have several good questions about this diet but im gonna address them elsewhere on the forum instead of right here in my introduction. IF Anyone out thier could give me some advice and maybe help me with a few questions about BODY OPUS please help me out!! Thanks guys! ........Adrian C.

corona806
Sun, Aug-15-04, 18:12
Don't have any answers to your questions but I want to welcome you to the forum.

Rachelle
Wed, Aug-18-04, 08:30
Welcome to the forum hun... there is a whole section on Body Opus here.. i hope that will help you :)

Sounds like you are on the right track with not cheating for so long.. that's a great accomplishment ... Congratulations :D

cantorious
Wed, Aug-18-04, 08:57
So far everyone has been real helpful, i thought i knew it all but i have learned soo much here within the past week by just reading posts, you guys are awesome! thanks for the support ;)

bluesfan88
Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:56
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

The one thing i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.feel free to stop by my journal anytime .

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck