PDA

View Full Version : Atkins - take 3 - Help pls

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

daniellef
Sat, Aug-14-04, 23:36
Well, I'm trying Atkins for the third time. The first time was a year after my daughter was born and hysterectomy performed so I was really out of shape. I lost 35 lbs in 2 months (190 - 155). I felt great but them resumed the old habits and wham bam. The second time I tired of the food after 2 weeks and gave several hundred dollars of Atkins prod away. this time I really want to be healthy and trim but after 3 1/2 weeks and 8 1/2 lbs, I am getting very bored. I live in a very remote northern Canadian community without any low carb products. I've ordered some bars and shakes on line but can't afford to keep that up. I am looking for some creative ideas on jazzing up some simple fare. If anyone has any ideas on Atkins on a budget with very restricted variety, I'm all ears. We can buy the basic meats here and cheese, but not even diet jello exists. Help! :help:

sabrina_a
Sun, Aug-15-04, 05:48
umm, I'm not sure if this helps, but is it possible for u to make an occasional trip to other towns where there r low-carb foods off the shelves, maybe once a month or something, then stock up?

i'm from malaysia, n its waaaay harder for us here to get hold of low-carb foods, except online. and talk about the exchange rate! :lol:

good luck! :D :D :D