PDA

View Full Version : Daik-tato Cakes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Sat, Sep-15-01, 12:49
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe053.html

donna dock
Tue, Oct-21-03, 17:16
Hi Karen...love your recipes...but have a question...my husband does not eat pork...is there anything I can use instead of the pork rinds? He does not need low carb...but I am the low-carber and chef of the house! Thx...Donna

Karen
Tue, Oct-21-03, 22:10
It looks like you're on Protein Power so you can use ground crispbread instead.

Karen

James Mood
Fri, Jan-02-04, 13:03
Please, What is Daikon?

James Mood
Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:17
I am doing atkins and am getting ready to go to owl and there a lot of foods listed in recipes I have never heard of any books you know of that lists these foods like daikon ect

Gaelen
Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:19
James, daikon is white radish that looks more like a parsnip on steroids than a radish. You can usually find daikon in Asian groceries, if your loacl market doesn't carry it. They can be really large--12-18" long, and 3" in diameter, and they're usually the same diameter all the way from tip to top.

An excellent reference for fruits and vegetables of all kinds is "Dr. Richter's Fresh Produce Guide," (c) 2000 by Try-Foods International. If you can't get it locally, you can order it directly at 800-421-8871. I actually bought my copy in the produce section of a local supermarket. It contains nutrient information, recipes and pictures of over 300 varieties of fruits and veggies. Hope this helps.

Karen
Fri, Jan-02-04, 22:17
Hi James,

Have a look at this FAQ

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=147457

in the Kitchen Help Forum. There is info and pictures of daikon radish and other stuff that you may find interesting. :)

Karen

LisaS
Thu, Jan-08-04, 12:50
I am doing atkins and am getting ready to go to owl and there a lot of foods listed in recipes I have never heard of any books you know of that lists these foods like daikon ect

while books are great - sometimes there are no pictures, and you want a picture in mind when you go to the Asian or Indian market.
one thing that works good is to go to www.google.com and instead of the default "web" search, click the tab for "image" - and then type your ingredient in the search box - you'll get pages of links to images of your item.

Lisa

allibaba
Sun, Jan-11-04, 20:13
We tried these tonight, they were very good and pretty easy to make. We topped them with a bit of sour cream. Thanks for the recipe :)

Alli