PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bobby57
Fri, Aug-13-04, 10:02
My name is Bobby and I am glad that I found this website today. I have been doing Atkins for about 10 days and I am finding that my uric acid level is getting high from the proteins which is causing gout type symptoms in my shoulder joints. Has anyone else seen similar results. Several years ago when I tried Atkins I ended up with an 1 1/2 inch kidney stone. Any good ways to reduce uric acid?

Thanks,
Bobby

Ladycody
Fri, Aug-13-04, 10:11
welcome...sorry I cant offer you any help regarding uric acid. Are you drinking enough water? Eating enough veggies? The one thing I can tell you is that Atkins is not believed to "cause" kidney stones...but can exacerbate a pre-existing problem/condition. Post a few days worth of sample menus and let us know how much water you're drinking. As for the rest...I'd check with a doctor.

black57
Fri, Aug-13-04, 14:14
Since you have kidney problems, you should not be doing induction. Read the book and see what it says about doing low carb in your condition.

4beans4me
Fri, Aug-13-04, 17:50
Hello and welcome!! :wave: