PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bambi1
Fri, Aug-13-04, 07:35
Hi everyone,
I started atkins 4 days ago. it was a bit hard at first, and yesterday i cheated a little but I'm determined to try it for a full 2 weeks! I have lost 3 pounds so far.

My hardest time is in the morning up till lunch, and the 4pm lull. I'm usually on the run in the morning so i can't cook that much. And around 4pm at work they put out all these snacks! that's the worst.

anyway, if anyone has advice or tips that would be great! I would like to keep on track by using this forum, has it helped you?

Thanks
bambi1

Talla
Fri, Aug-13-04, 08:47
Hi and welcome. I'm fairly new to this also. My hardest time is in the evening, I find sipping on water helps. I also nibble on pepperoni sticks. Try taking lc snacks to work with you so you have them when the snacks come out - be prepared. Good luck and keep posting.

nets33
Fri, Aug-13-04, 10:03
Welcome!

The thing that has worked best for me is eating six small meals a day instead of just the "normal" three.

I pick one day a week to do all my cooking (i.e. chicken breasts, meat, etc.) and either freeze or fridg it. It takes a little bit of effort but it has truly helped me avoid those temptations. I have no desire to eat because I've usually got a meal right around the corner.

Another option is keep your LC snacks in your drawer so that when everyone else is munching on potato chips you can pull out your nuts or pork rinds or whatever!

Good luck,
Kiks

4beans4me
Fri, Aug-13-04, 17:55
Hello and welcome!! :wave: