PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Surprising

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HappyDog
Sat, Sep-15-01, 09:35
I'm just about to finish my first week of Induction on Atkins and I am so surprised that I wasn't more hungry and how relatively easy it was. My biggest worry when dieting is being hungry. I almost went off my plan on Tuesday given all the awful things that happened but I stuck to it.

I was inspired to go on the diet by a co-worker who said he lost 12lbs in a month and a half without trying much.

I haven't been hungry at all but I do take a pause when I see some desserts. But it is a whole lot easier to say no to sweets and desserts when you aren't hungry.

I don't know how much I have lost this week. But clothes do feel a bit looser so I am encouraged.

I'm glad to find that there is a forum where I can be with others who are experiencing and have succeeded in similar efforts. Thanks!

Natrushka
Sat, Sep-15-01, 09:55
Great attitude Happy. This WOE is truly different from anything else I've tried. To eat and be satisfied, to eat and feel good, to eat and have energy, and to eat and lose weight; it comes so easy and the results speak for themselves.

Keep up the good work, and welcome to the forum!

Nat

Sharon
Sat, Sep-15-01, 11:58
Good work, try and think of this as a "new and better' way of eating for life...not just a diet. We all know that once we stop any diet and return to old habits what happens.

Hang in there, you'll have some difficult choices somedays until you get more used to eating lowcarb...but remember "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".

Good luck...

Raven
Sat, Sep-15-01, 17:14
Hey there Happy!

I'm so glad you found this forum. It's such a great place to go for advice, motivation and problem solving. I agree that it's so much easier to turn down the sweets when you're not hungry, and I'm NEVER hungry with this way of eating. I believe that being hungry is probably the number one reason why low-fat diets do not work. How many of us have been on low-fat low-calorie diets in the past...then lost a little weight....then put it all back on PLUS.

I'm willing to bet that after a few weeks, you won't have any cravings for sugary things at all. (seems to happen to almost everyone from what I've seen and read)

Karen
Sat, Sep-15-01, 17:59
Welcome to lowcarb.ca Happy!

You will love this way of eating and this forum. There is never a dull moment! :D

Karen

debbiedobson
Sun, Sep-16-01, 07:54
welcome happydog! :wave: i'm so glad that you found atkins and us! this is really the best way to lose weight and improve health!