PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mommakat
Tue, Aug-10-04, 12:15
Hi All! My name is Kat, I am 5'1" and currently 195 lbs. I had slowly gained weight over the last 7 years. I weighed 125-130 and went up to 250 lbs with my first pregnancy. It took awhile, but I finally got motivated and dieted and exercised my way down to 154 lbs within a 6 month period ( I was 235 after the pregnancy)....within a month at 154, I realized that I was pregnant! SOOOO....I started the pregnancy trying to eat healthy and continue exercising, but due to some complications, I was told not to exercise anymore during my pregnancy....well I also went back to my old eating habits and worked my weight right back up! Well I have had the baby and have tried to diet a few times but never really gotten serious with it, until a month ago. I have been following the Atkins diet for the last month but am getting a bit bored with my options...I am not very creative with food and I know this is part of the problem. Anyway, I hope to stick with this and maybe meet some others in my situation that I can learn from and maybe even pass something on to.

moondanzr
Tue, Aug-10-04, 12:59
Hi Kat and welcome :wave:
This is an awesome site with lots of info and support. There is also a recipe section that I will look thru when I need some inspiration for something new to cook.
Nancy

AFwife
Tue, Aug-10-04, 13:15
Welcome aboard.

Janie3k
Tue, Aug-10-04, 22:16
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif