PDA

View Full Version : Is this at all possible?....HELP!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

weezulette
Sun, Aug-08-04, 16:58
I started induction on july 15th or so, I have ALOT of weight I want to lose, so plan to be (sorta) on induction for a longggggggg time I suppose..Here is my question, I have been giving myself ONE meal a week, where I have a treat or so...for instance last night my hubby and I went out, and I had a Cajun (seasoned) halibut with a small amount of "Blackberry Bourbon" sauce, on a bed of cream cheese (best explanation I hope), No bread, potatoes, or anything like that, but I am sure it wasnt an "Induction dinner", Although I believe I picked well from the menu?, but since I plan on staying on "Induction" for a while, is this permissible?..Or am I really throwing out all my hard work, all other meals of the week?? PLZ any help, is appreciated. I am trying so hard here started at 218 and am at 206, but dont want to throw this all out the window? P.s. Of course this morning went right back to my induction food, but where I can find some recipes ONLY for induction? I need flavor, and even more-so Idea's, I dont want to get bored?Lisa

orchidday
Sun, Aug-08-04, 19:45
Hi Weezulette!

Welcome to the forum!

Just my opinion, but you really aren't on induction if you are regularly eating non-induction foods. But it sounds to me like you made a good healthy low-carb choice from the menu. Congratulations for that! That is true change starting to happen.

But since you haven't remained on induction, why not move on to OWL and enjoy a wider range of foods without the guilt? I only stayed on induction for two weeks for the exact reasons you mention.

Part of the important thing to remember about Atkins is that there is actually four phases to the program - induction, OWL, pre-maintenance, and maintenance. In order for us to make permenent lifestyle changes and keep this weight off, it is critically important for us to learn how to eat. When you stay on induction until you have lost the weight, it is more like a "diet" and you haven't gotten a grasp on the tools you need to keep the weight off forever!

Believe me, I want to lose this weight as badly as you want to lose yours. I just really cannot stand being heavy anymore. But I am 47, and have spent all of my adult life dieting and gaining it back. This time, I am willing to slow it down enough so that I really know how to do it and keep it off. Don't let perfectionism and anxiety about your weight destroy your efforts. Learn how to cook great low-carb foods, eat in restaurants, and "manage" this new life. And enjoy it!!!!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Orchid

weezulette
Sun, Aug-08-04, 20:10
I was just afraid that I wouldnt lose hardly any weight on owl...but I like the idea of adding a few things to my diet, like some nuts or something, thanks for the words, Maybe your right! Lisa