PDA

View Full Version : New member hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jjtwilson
Sun, Aug-08-04, 10:26
Hi everyone!

This is my first post to a web site. Am doing the low carb thing due to weight. Have hypoglycemia and any other type of diet is hell for me (plus I only gain!). Am feeling very good and the early weight loss is terrific, but I do have a question: I'm having trouble sleeping... Is this normal for starting a lo carb diet, or does it continue for the long term? Anything I can do about it?? Thanks for the help!

Lesle
Sun, Aug-08-04, 10:59
It's just a guess, but going on a low carb diet seems to be a bit of a "shock" to our bodies. All of the sudden, we are starving them of the overdose of carbs they are used to and "think" they need. If you read a lot of posts here, you will see that people have all kinds of issues during the first week, ranging from tiredness, to nausea, to light-headedness, to constipation, to diahrrea, to lack of sleep, like you.
I would suggest that you wait it out for a week or so, and see if it doesn't pass on it's own. I'd be willing to bet it does.
Good luck to you!
Lesle

Talla
Sun, Aug-08-04, 11:03
Hi. The first week is the hardest. I had trouble sleeping even through I felt tired and run down all day. It does get better. I found exercising helps, even a good long walk.

jjtwilson
Mon, Aug-09-04, 06:36
Thanks for the support, guys! I'll definitely wait it out. Other than restless nights, am feeling great!

toofattoo
Mon, Aug-09-04, 08:22
Hi jjt, I had just the opposite, I sleep a lot better, but yes if you just stick with it it will get better. Good luck.And welcome to lo-carbing. :bhug: Peg

Janie3k
Tue, Aug-10-04, 22:38
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif