PDA

View Full Version : My response

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LaurenL
Thu, Aug-05-04, 19:57
I apologize that this response is late in comming, but as I tooled around the internet I had found that last July you had responded to an article that was written in the Buffalo news, that had an interview with a woman who had lost over a 100 pounds on a low fat lifestyle, and you called her a liar or an idiot....Well, Hi....I am the woman you made those unnecessary remarks about and I wanted to say there is no one right answer when it comes to a healthy lifestyle...everybody is different, and I am happy that whatever is working for you is making you healthy and active, but to say such evil things about someone is completely ridiculous.
Congratulations on your success,
Lauren

Nancy LC
Thu, Aug-05-04, 21:52
eh?

Of course people can lose weight on low fat diets. I have. 69 pounds even. It wasn't anything I could maintain though. I was miserable and hungry.

What an odd place to put this.

Hellistile
Fri, Aug-06-04, 08:13
I apologize that this response is late in comming, but as I tooled around the internet I had found that last July you had responded to an article that was written in the Buffalo news, that had an interview with a woman who had lost over a 100 pounds on a low fat lifestyle, and you called her a liar or an idiot....Well, Hi....I am the woman you made those unnecessary remarks about and I wanted to say there is no one right answer when it comes to a healthy lifestyle...everybody is different, and I am happy that whatever is working for you is making you healthy and active, but to say such evil things about someone is completely ridiculous.
Congratulations on your success,
Lauren

My opinion is and always will be that low-fat eating is detrimental to human health no matter who you are. Besides the hunger, low-fat will eventually destroy your body, leaving you depressed, fragile, weak, in pain, angry, miserable, forgetful. The rapidity of the symptoms is accelerated by age. You may be able to get away with it for a lot longer when you are young, but as soon as you get older (if you live that long), it will immobilize you. Low-fat eating is not a healthy lifestyle.

OtistheCat
Sat, Aug-07-04, 15:43
So, are you saying that high fat and low carb is the answer? :wave:

bevbme
Sat, Aug-07-04, 17:50
So hello LaurenL.

How are you doing today.? Are you still trying to lose weight or just to maintain your loss?
I don't know what the original article was about but I admire your success. Stick around this site there is a special section for folks trying to lose over 100lbs-some members have done that and more. I expect you will find folks you can relate to-even if you used a different path to do that.

mio1996
Sat, Aug-07-04, 19:21
So, are you saying that high fat and low carb is the answer? :wave:

Exactly. Works for me ;)

theanswer
Sat, Aug-07-04, 22:19
My opinion is and always will be that low-fat eating is detrimental to human health no matter who you are. Besides the hunger, low-fat will eventually destroy your body, leaving you depressed, fragile, weak, in pain, angry, miserable, forgetful. The rapidity of the symptoms is accelerated by age. You may be able to get away with it for a lot longer when you are young, but as soon as you get older (if you live that long), it will immobilize you. Low-fat eating is not a healthy lifestyle.

Where do I begin with this one...

There are some very intelligent people on this board that have really done their homework. Hellistile, you are doing these members a disservice. Where did you get this research from. I am particularly interested in the low carb causing people to be "depressed, fragile, weak, in pain, angry, miserable, forgetful" part. Would you be so kind as to provide me with some journal references (peer reviewed) blind, carefully controlled to support these claims?

I'll be waiting patiently for your response.

Karen D.
Sat, Aug-07-04, 23:40
Where do I begin with this one...

There are some very intelligent people on this board that have really done their homework. Hellistile, you are doing these members a disservice. Where did you get this research from. I am particularly interested in the low carb causing people to be "depressed, fragile, weak, in pain, angry, miserable, forgetful" part. Would you be so kind as to provide me with some journal references (peer reviewed) blind, carefully controlled to support these claims?

I'll be waiting patiently for your response.
I would suggest you read the post from Hellistile again, theanswer! He (or she) said low FAT not low CARB, causes people to be "depressed, fragile, etc."

Karen D.

KetoOwnsMe
Sun, Aug-08-04, 00:26
What a weird post.

It would've made more sense if you linked or bumped the thread you are reffering to.
You think anyone here is going to remember a year old post? I haven't even been here for a year.

Harvey
Sun, Aug-08-04, 00:26
There is nothing about you in stats, bio, or anything else. You come up as a zero in every category, so why should anyone believe anything you say?

You claim that you lost 100 pounds...why no stats? Have you packed it all back on? That would be the most likely fate for someone following a diet that leaves them debilitated and hungry all the time. Malnourished too, lacking in essential fatty acids.

Show some proof, or be what you show...a zero.

Eddie

LondonIan
Sun, Aug-08-04, 17:24
We are being trolled guys. Theanswer is taking an opposite view from his post in another thread. It is a windup. I'd guess the same person as LaurenL? They live for getting a response and seeing people scurry around.

Lisa N
Sun, Aug-08-04, 20:21
Just to clarify, this thread was split off from another in the Media/Research forum which it had nothing to do with. I made an attempt to locate the original thread to which Lauren was referring but was unable to find it. Perhaps Lauren will pay us another visit and clarify which post she was responding to or whether is was a published letter in some news publication?

Theanswer is taking an opposite view from his post in another thread. It is a windup. I'd guess the same person as LaurenL?

Doubtful...they have quite different IP addresses.

Quinadal
Mon, Aug-09-04, 14:18
So, what's your point?? Don't beat around the bush!:lol:

adkpam
Wed, Aug-18-04, 18:19
Well, sure, I kept my weight off eating low fat and exercising, just like I was supposed to. It did work.
As soon as I got sick, and couldn't exercise at that level, it came back. Unless I ate less than I wanted. Which I couldn't keep up, being sick. Kept creeping up...got better, exercised more, but now I'm older...hard to keep up that level of exercise.
Low carb works, at my greater age, with a pretty good activity level but not as much as I used to.
I think the emphasis on exercise is so great because it's the only way low fat DOES work. Ya gotta burn off those carbs. If you can't keep up with the carb burning activities...it doesn't work.