PDA

View Full Version : New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

momof2grlz
Fri, Aug-06-04, 13:34
:help: I have been on low carb for exactly 11 days now. I'm upset because today for the first time I cheated and blew my induction. What now?

nets33
Fri, Aug-06-04, 13:48
Welcome!

Don't fret about the slip. We all fall to those temptations. The best thing to do is to get right back into induction again and follow plan.

Good luck,
Kiks

Cara73
Fri, Aug-06-04, 14:56
Hello and welcome

Yep, exactly what Kiks said. We all cheat, we're human. Don't worry too much about it. Just get right back on track and don't look back :)

Best of luck to you.

momof2grlz
Fri, Aug-13-04, 12:27
Thank you. I am trying hard. Went off for 4 days but back one for 3 now.

LilaCotton
Fri, Aug-13-04, 17:34
At times we all stumble. But the fact is, the truer you stay to this way of eating, the easier it will be not to fall down the road. It's like getting bucked off a horse--you just have to get back on a ride, and at the same time set yourself a few rules to follow that will help you stay on. For example, don't allow anything into your home that's high-carb that you like. If you have family members who eat carbage, buy them things you don't like. When you're in town and you see something tempting (and this is the absolute worst when you're hungry) remember to think 'protein and fat, protein and fat' and just walk on by and get something that's acceptable. Even if you're still on Induction and the only legal food to eat is a couple of ounces of nuts or some other post-Induction food, go for them instead of something sugary and carby.

For me, this way of eating has been pretty simple and pretty straight forward (except for when I was ready to throw in the towel about halfway through a 5-month stall). It's determination that is the key--how willing are you to succeed? :)