PDA

View Full Version : help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brinky3
Fri, Aug-06-04, 09:01
I started the atkins diet on july 19, I have notice weight loss because of the way my clothing fit. I weighted myself at the beginning only to realize the digital scale i was using was not working properly!! now i have no idea what my weight was when I started. I bought a new scale and it weighs to the 1/2 pound for accuracy, if has flucuated within 5lbs. all week what is the average weight loss on atkins, I drink alot of water and by the end of the day i put 5lbs on what should i do :help:

jadefox26
Fri, Aug-06-04, 09:15
Well, firstly - I would make today THE first day of the plan, and when you got on the scale this morning, I personally would have made that my start weight - I know it's frustrating, but that's the way it's happened and there's not much (apart from guess work) that you can know what weight you started out at (and I had THE exact same problem when I first started - so I know how anoyed you feel!!) Secondly, only weigh once per week - because if I weigh every day - I do EXACTLY what you do. I weigh in on a saturday and this is the way it goes for me normally - saturday 2lb loss, sunday 3lb gain, monday 2lb loss, tuesday 4lb gain, and so on until in the end I am so depressed I just want to throw the scales out of the window. What I do now is get on ONCE a week on the same morning each time (making sure the scale is on the EXACT same point on the floor too!!) - so my weigh in day is a Saturday morning, I get up, go to the loo and straight on the scales - I have ALWAYS lost each week since doing this. I only broke out of the habit one week and I weighed in on the wednesday and I was up 3lb - so go figure - by the saturday I was back to a 2lb overall loss for the week!!

These are my tips for you and obviously you'll do what is best for you in the long run, but if you have felt a loss in your clothes then don't fret - at least you know you're losing. And made sure you MEASURE yourself too coz on the weeks I don't lose weight I lose something on the tape.
Good luck!!!!
xxx

nets33
Fri, Aug-06-04, 11:26
Jadefox gave you some great advise!

I weigh in only every four weeks. I always weigh in on the same day, at the same time, wearing the exact same thing (nothing!).... it has helped me feel consistent with my weight measurement.

Your weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs. from the beginning of the day to the end of the day.

And measure, measure, measure!

A good weight loss average is 1 to 2 pounds a week. You might lose a lot more in the first few weeks of induction.

Good luck,
Kiks

brinky3
Sat, Aug-07-04, 06:42
thanks for all the help, does anyone have any tricks on how to speed up weight loss , i was going to try atkins accel does any one know how good it works?

MISSRED197
Sat, Aug-07-04, 07:40
I'll second their advice. I personally get weighed in once a week. I get measured and body fat tested once a month. And I def. go by my clothes.

Welcome to the forum!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
You are in the perfect place for support and motivation!

Best of luck!

Hugs~

brinky3
Sat, Aug-07-04, 09:32
how long does it take to lose 50lbs on atkins??