PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jinglz
Thu, Aug-05-04, 15:50
Just wanted to say a quick hello. :wave: I am on week 1 of my 2nd attempt on my low carb journey. Last year I was at 318 and was down to about 255-260, then the holidays struck. :eek: I tried to behave and even had an extremely successful low carb turkey day. :thup: The month of December was my downfall. I went to visit family for 2 weeks and even with all my good intentions and a firm resolve, I caved in and ate what everyone else did. :( It has taken me 6 mos. to get back the determination to start over again, literally at square 1. While at the moment I don't own a scale, at last weigh in I was 295. That was in June and I FEEL bigger now so I estimated my start weight at 315.
I have lurked around this forum for the past year and while I never joined in I have read so many of everyones posts, I finally decided to become a member and try to participate. I am generally not a talker, so I will probably never earn my steaks under my name. I will however be reading virtually everything(!) and will of course write if someone writes to me or if there is a question I have or might know the answer to.
I am currently unemployed and staying home with kids. My bf works 2 jobs and in the fall I may get a job while my 5 yr. old is in school. Depends on the car situation I guess. I am hoping this go around will be my final and successful attempt at becoming healthy.
Anyhoo.. hello everyone. Thanks for being here, it was the successes I saw that has brought me back out of the darkness, so to speak.

moondanzr
Thu, Aug-05-04, 17:12
Hi :wave:
I am a newbie too. I have been here for about a week and have gotten alot of support. I was advised by another member to keep a journal and it has been probably the most helpful tool I am using.
I am an emotional binge eater. I have been right on target with my eating plan for the 5 days but my girlfriend is staying here and she brought a homemade apple pie and DH got french vanilla ice cream so I don't know if I can resist having some of that :help:
Good luck in your weight loss journey and feel free to drop in and visit me in my journal any time. :)
Nancy

nets33
Fri, Aug-06-04, 11:29
Welcome!

Glad that you finally decided to join us here (but I like lurkers too.. LOL ).

You don't have to be a big talker to get benefits from this site. BUt if you ever want to talk feel free to stop by my journal!

Kiks

SLMDezi
Fri, Aug-06-04, 11:34
Hello...
welcome to the forum...good luck and hang in there...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/602/50042Hugs_34.gif