PDA

View Full Version : American on Montignac 3 weeks and 9 lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

blu lady
Thu, Aug-05-04, 10:59
I own a restaurant and have a best friend in the UK. Needless to say since I hit 40 I have started gaining weight - and owning a restaurant did not make it any easier. Would like to loose at least another 15 lbs.

My best friend (is from London in the UK) started Montignac this past January and loves it and bought me the books as well. Needless to say, I love the program. I have never been much of a dieter, and this is definitely not a diet. It is so easy - especially eating in a restaurant. And it includes chocolate and wine - which I have almost every day!

Problem - most of the dishes and food items in the book I have are for the UK - and it seems to be a very limited repertoire of food. The book never mentions Turkey or other fowl only chicken, nor do they prepare fish w. much excitement. American's are not really mousse people and many of the other recipes do not sound very appetizing either. Does anyone have any great recipes more suited to the American palate.

Also, I do not like store bought breads, dressings or sauces, so recipes for any of those would be great as well.

I have some great recipes for Chilean Sea bass over grilled Zuchini w. a fabulous sauce, topped w. rocket salad and grilled shrimp, Zuchini in white wine sauce over pasta, fabulous dressings, sauces, and an egg custard with berries that will make you cry. And others, would love to trade.

-Blu Lady

elijaeger
Thu, Aug-05-04, 17:22
I have no idea what your diet is but best of luck anyway!

loosenit
Thu, Aug-05-04, 20:21
Hi Blu Lady :wave:

I dont know anything about "Montignac" either, but if it is the plan that suits you, you may have to do some experimenting with different foods to see how you go.

I think it is a Low GI plan, so you may want to do a web search for low GI foods.