PDA

View Full Version : New member, long-time browser...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fuzzy_Bear
Wed, Aug-04-04, 16:35
Hi everyone! I've been reading posts for several months now and finally got up the nerve to join.

I've been LCing since 1999. At that time my blood glucose was borderline diabetic and my blood pressure was way too high. I focused exclusively on my diet and exercise and managed to lose almost 60 pounds over 9 months, which normalized the glucose and reduced the BP.

Then... well, let's say I was less focused. Life, you know...

The wakeup call came a few months ago when I finally got a high-capacity scale and found out what I weighed. I'd regained all of what I'd lost and a bit to spare. So, time to be focused again!!

I've lost 20 pounds over the last 3 months but I think I need some accountability as I've levelled off and the exercise has been slipping of late.

So today I'm back from the gym and I've stocked the house with good LC food to get me back on track.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. I'm looking forward to being part of the gang here!!

mysty
Wed, Aug-04-04, 17:46
Hi There, welcome to this fabulous forum. i have been a member for only three weeks now and the information in here is great and everyone willing to help one another. good luck. :)

tofi
Wed, Aug-04-04, 18:00
Welcome. You did it before and you can do it again. Besides, being male, you will lose better than most of the women here. It's the health benefits that are so great. As Dr. Atkins discovered when he put his heart patients on low carb diets and found that they also lost weight.

Browneyez
Wed, Aug-04-04, 20:21
Welcome! You have come to the right place.....I have been here since April and must admit I am quite addicted....the people here are wonderful and there is so much info!!!!

You need to start a journal, they are a wonderful way to meet and stay in touch with everyone!

Good Luck to you.....Keep up the great work......glad you decided to join us!

Lobstergal
Wed, Aug-04-04, 21:11
So today I'm back from the gym and I've stocked the house with good LC food to get me back on track.
Anyway, enough rambling for now. I'm looking forward to being part of the gang here!!

Welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing your posts and your success.