PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

weezulette
Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:06
Ok, trying to start induction over again...*sigh*.....been looking over this wonderful site, and its great recipes, I was wanting to know if you can have your "Mock Danish's" on induction?...should I just stick with plain meat, salad cheese...I really crave flavor...was thinking of chicken fajitas (no wrap) heavy on the chicken for dinner, and maybe no salad?...also can you use a LC alfredo sauce on induction??...thanks for any input. Lisa

mae_west
Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:11
I just did the carb count for mock danish on fitday. because I was thinking the same thing- can I eat this?

For 1 extra large egg/ 2oz. cream cheese/ .5 fl. oz lemon juice (???)/.5 pkg. sugar twin/.5 tsp. vanilla extract the carb count comes out at 6 grams. That is a lot for a snack or dessert on induction.
575 cals-45 g. fat (20 sat/4 poly/15 mono)-6 carbs- 35 protein- 1 alcohol (from the lemon juice- fresh squeezed).
Mae

weezulette
Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:20
Thanks alot, I also signed up on fitday.com but still trying to figure out how to manuevre in both of these sites.....I am so thankful I found this site though, I can see myself here several times a day....

mae_west
Wed, Aug-04-04, 14:17
oops! my bad!

I had the wrong carb count for the eggs - I just checked and redid the count. It comes out at 4 carbs for the recipe. I thot it seemed high.

300 cals/ 26 fat/ 4 carbs/ 12 protein/ 1 alcohol

sorry! Mae

PS. It is easier to input recipes if you go back in time using the calendar function, and create recipes in say June or April. Input the ingredients that you are using, write down the counts and the go back to todays "foods" and use the custom food function to input the carb counts etc. I like to put the day - from the calendar - that I created the food into the name of the new custom food- in case you want to go back later and modify the recipe or see what ingredients you were using. Fitday is super handy for keeping track of things for you!

bluesfan88
Wed, Aug-04-04, 15:30
welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

The one thing i always tell newbies is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to.in my experiance i have learned so much and it helps so much.feel free to stop by my journal anytime .

people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck