PDA

View Full Version : Would love some tips!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladyj816
Wed, Aug-04-04, 10:21
Hello , I am new here and just starting this low carb craze. I have been over weight since 1992 when I gained 103 lbs with my first child. I have had a little one in 2002 (yes, 10 years apart) and believe it or not am starting at 225lbs(can't believe I posted that) down from 300 lbs when I gave birth in 2002. I have been separated from my husband(now divorcing) and have had some major setbacks with life over the past two years. My children are my life and I have been neglecting myself. i joined curves and go fathfully and I have started jogging also, I am fairly active to say the least. I also rollerskate. I have a great sense of humour and am starting to love life again. I could use alll the tips and suggestions I can get as, carbs seem to be the base of all my meals. I am truly not a big eater, however it is what I have been eating.

Cara73
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:32
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very informative and helpful. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :) And CONGRATS on your GREAT success so far on the loss of 75 lbs. That is amazing!!!!

AFwife
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:35
Hello , I am new here and just starting this low carb craze. I have been over weight since 1992 when I gained 103 lbs with my first child. I have had a little one in 2002 (yes, 10 years apart) and believe it or not am starting at 225lbs(can't believe I posted that) down from 300 lbs when I gave birth in 2002. I have been separated from my husband(now divorcing) and have had some major setbacks with life over the past two years. My children are my life and I have been neglecting myself. i joined curves and go fathfully and I have started jogging also, I am fairly active to say the least. I also rollerskate. I have a great sense of humour and am starting to love life again. I could use alll the tips and suggestions I can get as, carbs seem to be the base of all my meals. I am truly not a big eater, however it is what I have been eating.

Hello LadyJ816,

I have an 2 boys, one turning 11 yrs old. this month and the other is 2 years old. Oldest was just turning 9 when the little one was born. He's a great babysitter. :)
Sorry to hear about your divorce. You've come to the right place for support for both weight loss and your personal situation. Everyone here is great. Welcome aboard.

Tips: Follow Atkins to the Letter. Drink lots of water and get some exercise. Oh and try not to cheat. :)

YOU CAN DO IT!

ladyj816
Wed, Aug-04-04, 21:30
Thankyou very much for the great welcome, this seems like an awesome place for support!!! I am off for the remainder of the summer due to a job change so I am focussing on keeping myself busy and away from the kitchen and food places. My biggest challenge starts Thursday nite when some of my friends are taking me out for my birthday which is not until sunday, then Sat nite and Sun there are more plans. I do not like cake or ice cream so that is never a problem, my kids and I were actually at a birday party today, I said no to everything as it was hotdogs and junk food, yeh!!! My down fall will be the beer and wings at the local pub tommorow nite.

AFwife
Thu, Aug-05-04, 01:08
Let us know how you did at the pub. BE STRONG! :)

ladyj816
Thu, Aug-05-04, 08:19
Thanks, I will let u know everything went! Should be an interesting nite. I will be strong. i can't explain this new sense of willpower that has overcome me, it is like I have woke up one morning and said" this is it I have had enough, I will get back into my old clothes(still hanging in the closet)and I will lose the rest of my weight!!!!!!! Actually, this willpower and change of attitude have helped me a lot in overcoming many stresses in my life. :)

Steve175
Thu, Aug-05-04, 08:36
"...it is like I have woke up one morning and said, this is it I have had enough... "

The same thing happened to me on April 26th, and I've been riding it like a surfer on a wave for the past 14 weeks and 38 lbs. Once that "thing" clicks in your head, you need to "feed" it every day. When I focus on the "hunger" that my spirit has to reach that 175 and enjoy my life as a normal sized person, my desire to binge and/or cheat on my WOE disappears.

Best to you on your endeavor; lots of support and help is available here.

AFwife
Thu, Aug-05-04, 08:37
I hear ya girl. That's how it was with me too. I woke up one morning and had enough of being fat.

YOU CAN DO IT!

:)

ladyj816
Thu, Aug-05-04, 15:53
Thanks for the great support!!! I was thinking today that maybe it is the love I have for singing that has pushed this attitude(among other things). I love kareoke(I have a few good friends that are in the business), anyway I am always up singing and have never been known to shy away from it, however more and more I am becoming self concious and when people are watching me I can't help wondering what they are thinking, are they watching me because I am singing, or are they wondering how I can get up there and sing in front of people? I am not looking to impress people, just want to be me again :lol: