PDA

View Full Version : New and EXCITED!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

weezulette
Tue, Aug-03-04, 22:54
Hi...This is a GREAT site, just signed up, and can see myself being here often...I started induction a week or so ago, and was doing real well, but then found myself using a couple items, that are listed for only phase 2 , like "Blue Bunny Ice Cream bars"....only one(a night), but is it possible this has thrown everything off whack?? Well, alas...I was looking for some answers, and I think with this site, I will probably find some and even more ...Plus a little support, and encouragement never hurt anyone!! Lisa

Built
Tue, Aug-03-04, 23:17
Good job on induction!

No idea on the bunny bars - I don't do a lot of fake food. I'm bodybuilding and carb-cycling now (see my gym log, first page), but I did straight Atkins for the first, well, almost year on low-carb, and I pretty much stayed with meat, eggs, nuts, vegetables, and high-fat dairy. It's been my experience that many folks who are successful on low-carb do it pretty "clean" this way.

I make my own "ice cream" from a few frozen berries and heavy cream with splenda in the food processor - try that once you've finished induction.

AFwife
Wed, Aug-04-04, 03:38
I'd keep the first two weeks of Induction clean. The bars can wait till later and even then, they can stall you.

If you chose to have them, IMO I think one a day is too many. Once a week would probably be best.

I enjoy the Carb Options Klondike bars on weekends only. They don't stall me. But everyone is different.

Welcome aboard. :)

4beans4me
Wed, Aug-04-04, 09:39
Hello and welcome! :wave:

weezulette
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:15
Thanks alot, for the info!!... Ok, so here I go again....today is a fresh start, I am starting induction over again....I knew better...What a great site!..thanks

Cara73
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:28
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very informative and helpful. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)