PDA

View Full Version : New Here, need support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nancyn28
Tue, Aug-03-04, 19:24
undefined

Hello, I'm new here, but not really new to LC. I started April 2003 and lost 40 pounds, however, I have not really lost anything in a year and I've fallen off the wagon, BIG TIME. I gained back about 10 pounds and I'm having trouble getting motivated to restart Induction. I feel like I sound like a big baby because I know I just need to wake up tomorrow and work out and eat right all day and just to it one day at a time, one hour at a time.....one minute at a time....but all I can think about is how tired I'll be tomorrow morning and how good I think the cookies at work will taste (only to be disappointed). The thing that really makes me angry at myself is I need to do LC not only for weight but for my health. I have hyperlipidemia type IV, which is a carbohydrate induced hyperlipidemia, never mind that my sinus trouble, headaches, etc all got better when I started LC. I would appreciate any help, support, ideas that will help me get back on track. I've got over 60 lbs left to lose and have never been thin...maybe I'm scared to succeed, or perhaps I just need a kick in the butt??? Thanks for your help.

weisser4
Tue, Aug-03-04, 19:38
Nancy,

I have a similar tale. Insulin Resistance, PCOS, hyperlipidemia, yada, yada...

LC is the only thing that works for me, and I let depression and guilt keep me off the wagon once I fell off. I am going back on the Syndrome X diet because it kills the cravings for carbs and helps remove the fog of depression. It is that cyclical problem, need to exercise to get more energy but haven't enough energy to exercise. :lol:

The only thing we can do is just do it. Get rid of the junk. Start small, make each day a goal. I have bought a bunch of the Atkins breakfast bars for snack because I teach library at a PreK-5 school, about 42 classes a week and I get little time to eat appropriately.

Eating small high protein meals every 4 hours is difficult when I am busy. Breakfast at 6:30 means I would have to eat at 10:30, 2:30, 6:30. As a busy mom and graduate student, I barely get enough time to sleep let alone eat.

I think we can do this. I think you took a step in the right direction by posting here and asking for help. I'll support you as much as I can! :)

nancyn28
Tue, Aug-03-04, 19:42
Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my struggle. :)

weisser4
Tue, Aug-03-04, 19:45
You and I are about in the same place, 185 and starting all over again!

nancyn28
Wed, Aug-04-04, 06:24
You're absolutely right, and unfortunately, we're both in the same boat will some health issues too. (I also have been diagnosed with PCOS treated with bcp's.) Health should motivate, right?

fs11lamb
Wed, Aug-04-04, 06:47
Good morning from sunny south Florida :wave: . I'm new to this forum, but not new to LC. I started atkins July 2003. Have lost 24 lbs, which is not much for a year on Atkins. I've always been a slow loser. I'm having a bit of difficulty staying true to LC now, as the weight loss is so slow and I'm getting bored. But, I'll get back on track. Just thought it would help me to be in this support group.

Thank you.

Angeliene
Wed, Aug-04-04, 07:07
Hi there I saw you mention Atkins Breakfat bars, I am in australia and don't know if they are here but please can you tell me the manufacturer, I would love to have a look. In regards to the cookies at work how about making snack that you can bring to work that look appealing I wish there was a cookie we could make maybe with the oatbran or something and add carrots and other things would be a great experiment. Will get back to you all on that see what i can figure out.

Hugs all
Angeliene

4beans4me
Wed, Aug-04-04, 09:37
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Cara73
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:44
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very informative and helpful. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)

AFwife
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:46
We are here for you. Welcome aboard. :)

Dizzay_81
Wed, Aug-04-04, 20:09
Hi all..new to this place..new to atkins...first day and i cheated! man is that sad...i ate a brownie..my family is no support either. I need to lose 40lbs QUICK..but induction is so very hard for me..I just don't think I can do it..I've tried for weeks now but I just keep messing up and drinking a glass of tea w/sugar or eat a brownie or something..help me to stop sabotaging myself!
Thanks
-D-