PDA

View Full Version : Newbie lowcarber

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amethyst1
Tue, Aug-03-04, 01:05
I have been pondering doing Atkins for two weeks now. I have read New Diet Revolution, and have been haunting the message boards. What I have found was extremely supportive and interesting.
I have now completed my first day of induction, and it wasn't all that bad. I had been doing WeightWatchers, but with a lower carb twist. So I think that helped a little.
One question I have for the old-timers: I couldn't find pork rinds at all in the Atkin's book although I have been told by several people I know who are doing this WOE that they are a great help. How many can you have?
Thank you.
Amethyst1

RCFletcher
Tue, Aug-03-04, 01:53
Pork rinds certainly appear in the earlier versions of the book as the compensation for not having potato chips! Read the ingredients. If they are pure pork skin, the number is unlimited.

4beans4me
Tue, Aug-03-04, 07:32
Hello and welcome! :wave:

orchidday
Tue, Aug-03-04, 08:22
Welcome to the forum! You sound so strongly motivated and ready to do this!

I have to watch pork rinds because of the salt but they are a wonderful low-carb choice. I like to make dips, and use them to scoop. They can be a godsend! Eat and be merry :).

Orchid

amethyst1
Wed, Aug-04-04, 00:52
Wow, Orchidday, 57 pounds! I'm impressed. Thanks for the welcome. I love those pork rinds, and my sister-in-law says to dip sour cream with them. I bought some tonight and will be trying the dip tomorrow.
Amethyst1

MichelleC
Wed, Aug-04-04, 01:01
they are good with a little lemon juice on them to!! WELCOME

Cara73
Wed, Aug-04-04, 11:55
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very informative and helpful. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)